Newbie questions about the overall workflow

Hi, I am just getting used to using a CRM in combination with my sales prospecting. I have a few questions, I hope someone can take a bite at one, or even all of them if you feel generous :slight_smile:

1. I notice when I am inside a target record, there is no left/right arrow to scroll through records. Is there another way to quickly scroll through each target in order to quickly add notes and activities? (I plan to rotate through the records in this fashion while doing followup calls)

2. How can I mass update all the targets and leads in a campaign to show a recent postal mailing that was sent out?

3. What is the best type of campaign to select when using a combination of email, mail, and phone prospecting?

4. How do I move leads that have converted into accounts into a new campaign?

5. Can I have activity reminders sync with Google calendar?

Thank you very much for your insights :slight_smile:

There is in detail view. When editing a record, once you save it, you should have a button at the top right to to go the next or previous record and a record count. It is not available in edit view.

2. How can I mass update all the targets and leads in a campaign to show a recent postal mailing that was sent out?

You would do this from the campaign itself by adding targets to the campaign in the subpanel. I am unsure if you can run a campaign subsequent to adding new targets without sending duplicate mailings to those you have already sent to. I do not use this feature for that, only for tracking who I sent to. I execute the actual sending of he mass mails through a service that I Import target lists into and use “tasks” to note when a campaign was sent to a target.

3. What is the best type of campaign to select when using a combination of email, mail, and phone prospecting?

You would create a single campaign for each media type and associate the relative targets to each campaign. What I do (I am a Business Broker/Real Estate Agent) is create a marketing project for each of my listings. I have created a relationship between campaigns and projects to show the particular campaigns in my marketing project so the campaigns will show up in each opportunity but also in the marketing project for that opportunity.

4. How do I move leads that have converted into accounts into a new campaign?

You do not “move” them. You associate the leads to the new campaign in the same way you do for targets or via a workflow action that executes upon conversion. The association with previous campaigns would depend on the conversion settings you created at setup in the system settings:

Copy - Creates and relates copies of all of the Lead’s activities to new records that are selected by the user during conversion. Copies are created for each of the selected records.
Move - Moves all of the Lead’s activities to a new record that is selected by the user during conversion.
Do Nothing - Does nothing with the Lead’s activities during conversion. The activities remain related to the Lead only.

5. Can I have activity reminders sync with Google calendar?

If you integrate your SuiteCRM ical to google calendars, then the calendar should import. whether or not it gives you a reminder notification I think would depend on the settings you have for the device(s) you access your calendar from. IE: I do not think that you would get a notification on your iphone or desktop if your Suitecrm reminders are set to “pop-up”. You would need to create those settings from your google calendar interface itself and have any applicable browser extensions installed.

1 Like