New response to a closed case

Hi,

I’m using the SuiteCRM-7.11.17 on CentOS 7.8 with Apache v2.4.6, php v7.2.34 and Mysql v5.6.49.

After a client send an email, a case is automatically created. For example “Case: 123”.
When the problem is resolved, the client is notified and the case is closed.
The problem is that if the client responds to that same email again, 1 month later, for example, the email will be associated with the initial case, as arrives with the prefix “RE: [CASE: 123]”.
How to do, when a reply email is sent to a case that is already closed (closed for more than 2 weeks, for example), to a new case is created and not automatically associate with the initial case (Case: 123)?

Thanks,
Best regards.

Hey,

I’ve had a look and I’m not sure if its possible to do using the Out of the Box tools, unless I’ve missed something…

You may be able to make a little bit of progress using Workflow, with “Case Updates” as the Module, but I don’t think it could handle the full process, so you might need to add some custom code.

You might be able to achieve this by extending the Current Cases logic hook functionality.

I’ve written posts previously on creating Logic Hooks, that hopefully will point in the right direction for creating Logic Hooks

I would suggest copying the existing “modules/AOP_Case_Updates/CaseUpdatesHook.php” file.
(which cases uses to handle the Case Update logic)
Then paste that into /custom/modules/AOP_Case_Updates/CaseUpdatesHook.php and extend it with custom code.

Then, adding a custom Logic hook to Cases to use that new file.

I’ve found an older Forum post in which users have done similar custom work to this file:
https://community.suitecrm.com/t/how-to-turn-off-notifying-customers-of-case-status-changes/35855/15

Granted, I haven’t given it a try myself, but I think it should work.

Otherwise, perhaps editing the functionality in:
modules/InboundEmail/AOPInboundEmail.php
Would work?

Unless anyone else has any easier methods that I may have missed?

Let us know if you’ve got any questions/issues :slight_smile:

I think you want to add a rule to AOP in Case Status changes. If status is CLOSED Change Status to Response Received (or you could create a status “re-opened” or something.

1 Like