New Install: help with making login work

Hi!

I made a new SuiteCRM install through Softaculous in my VPS (LAMP). After the install, I can access the login page. However, the login will not work. On the first install, I thought that maybe I had kept the wrong password in my head. I uninstalled SuiteCRM and installed it again. Same login issue, but this time I took a screenshot of th elogin userid and password during install, so I am sure I am inserting them right…

I changed the file permissions like instructed here https://suitecrm.com/forum/installation-upgrade-help/824-login-issue-after-installation (755, 775, etc.). But the login will not work. It will not display any error message, but will not let me into the dashboard.

Any advice is welcome! :slight_smile:

Hi there

the best thing would be to look for clues in the logs. You might be missing a PHP package, or a PHP setting. And we still can’t rule out that it’s a permissions/ownership problem.

What kind of access do you have in your hosting? Are you root? Do you have SSH access? Can you see the Apache logs (php_errors.log)?

1 Like

Hi pgr, thank you!

I enabled error logging in php.ini

display_errors = Off
log_errors = On
error_log = /xxx/yyy/php-errors.log

created the php_errors file:
sudo touch /xxx/yyy/php-errors.log
on creation, php-errors.log is owned by root, file permission 644

but when I try to login into SuiteCRM, it will not log and no error is registered at php_errors.log.

Perhaps I am missing something, any advice is appreciated. :slight_smile:

Rgs

IM

Please, what are the php functions that must be enabled for SuiteCRM to work? Cannot find a list of them.

Hi

I normally use this on Ubuntu:

apt install zip unzip php-mbstring php7.0-mbstring php-gettext php-xml-parser php7.0-zip php7.0-imap php7.0-gd php7.0-curl sendmail phpmyadmin

(And I add php-xdebug if I’m not on a production server.)

1 Like

Hi pgr,

thank you. I found out the issue was with modsecurity, which was blocking lougin.

Rgs

IM

For those interested in to this login issue, check here https://suitecrm.com/forum/installation-upgrade-help/14273-new-install-suitecrm-version-7-8-3-waf-blocks-login-blind-sql-injection-attack-bad-coding

Hope to have helped.