New custom scheduler gets deleted

Hello all

We are having here a strange situations. We are used to create a new set of custom schedulers (following the SuiteCRM guide) which worked fine until Novembre 2020 more or less.

All the functions of the new schedulers were introduced in a file in “suitecrm/custom/modules/Schedulers/Ext/ScheduledTasks/scheduledtasks.ext.php”.

When we introduce the funcionts in this file everything works fine… the problem is that after some time the file “scheduledtasks.ext.php” gets overwrote with a previous version, losing all the new custom functions we have included in it , and we need to write the code again to get the custom schedulers to work.

Any ideas about why we are getting the file “suitecrm/custom/modules/Schedulers/Ext/ScheduledTasks/scheduledtasks.ext.php” overwrote with an old version?, where can this old version of the file come from?

Thanks a lot guys, sorry, I know it is quite strange.

Cheers

The file you should edit is under custom/Extension/, then the QR&R pulls that into custom/.../Ext/...

That’s what is happening to your file, whenever a QR&R occurs.

Thanks a lot, I have searched for the file in custom/Extension but did not find it in there. However following the advice I have placed it again in there to see if it does not get “overwrote” by the QR process.

Thanks so much!

It should be in

custom/Extension/modules/Schedulers/Ext/ScheduledTasks/someName.php

according to the Docs. It’s strange if you don’t have anything there, but then it shows up in the destination dir…

Ahh I saw what it happened.

My colleague created two files with the functions (one file per function), and I guess the system then moves all the functions to the file custom/modules/Schedulers/Ext/ScheduledTasks/scheduledtasks.ext.php.

Is this right?

Yes, the whole point of the Extension Framework system is to aggregate different parts into a coherent whole.

That way you can add some extensions, an add-on can add some others, etc.

Done!. Lets see if I can get rid of this issue!

Thanks a lot for the advice!

1 Like