Need to know about schedulers??

Hai All,

Anyone Tell about schedulers and how to add custom schedulers…

In my CRM I Have Database Of my Customer details include date of birth…

Now i need to create scheduler to send Birthday wish on every Morning …So i need to put scheduler for that…

I have refer some sites but its should not working …

So i need to know about How to put custom scheduler in suitecrm

I’m using

Version 7.9.7
Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)

You could create a workflow for doing that.

Then set up your cron as told at the bottom of Administration -> Schedulers and activate the cron job “Process Workflow Tasks”.

That’s an interesting solution, but if the Scheduler job runs frequently (as is usual with the Workflow job), won’t this send the birthday wishes every minute? It needs some additional way to make it send only once a day, if I’m not mistaken.

I dont think so because multiple runs is disabled. But to be 100% sure, he could create a custom field. wishes_sent for example and set the condition in the workflow that this has to be false. Then let the workflow set it to true and youre done.

Yeah this would have to be tested to see exactly how “repeated runs” works, I’m not sure either.

I had also thought of the custom field to track things, but I it occurred to me that using the year would be better:

• workflow conditions:
    1. year_last_sent <> current year
    2. customer birthday = today

• workflow actions
    1. set year_last_set = current year
    2. send email

That should do it.

(Merry Christmas everyone!)

Hai Pgr …

Tell me about how to put custom scheduler…

thanks in advance…

Thanq Antivist …

I can try it and let you inform the result …

Thanks

It should be quite easy, and you have instructions here

https://suitecrm.com/wiki/index.php/Developer_Guide#Scheduled_Tasks

… but I am now going into “Christmas mode” and I will disappear into my family obligations for a few days, so I won’t be able to help you in detail…

Oh Ok Pgr…Thanks for your Response in that busy time…

I will get back to you after Christmas …

Happy Christmas PGR…

And when you give treat for Xmas???