My.conf setting for suiteCRM 7.12 Version for page load performance

Hello Team,
Recently I upgraded my suitecrm version from 7.10 to 7.12 from ubuntu 18 lts to Centos7

I am facing a page load issue, it took more time, do you have any idea what is the issue,

my system config is
32 core vcpu with 32 GB ram, with raid 5 config.

Server version: Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS)
PHP 8.0.29
mysql server version: 5.7.43

Below are the settings we have kept on my. conf file for performance optimization.

key_buffer_size = 100M
max_allowed_packet = 256M
thread_stack = 192K
thread_cache_size = 25
max_connections = 350
table_open_cache = 300
sort_buffer_size = 4M
join_buffer_size = 4M
read_buffer_size = 256

innodb_flush_method=O_DIRECT
innodb_buffer_pool_size=12G
innodb_log_buffer_size=32M

Please suggest, hope the given config is okay for the above configuration.

It looks good configuration to run CRM.

Although I usually consider any move from Ubuntu to anything else as “an upgrade”, moving to CentOS 7 in 2023 is not an upgrade, it’s just stupid.

Both CentOS 7 Linux and CentOS 8 Stream reached end of life and entered the maintenance updates period in the 31st of December 2021. That’s two years ago.

CentOS 7 maintenance updates will END in less than an year. (30th of June 2024).
So why would anyone in 2023 be installing a legacy relic is simply something I can’t understand. But sure for whose coming from Ubuntu anything seems nice.

In the EL family you have much more interesting options, all already in the EL9 branch, like:

• AlmaLinux (from CloudLinux, the company behind cPanel, the #1 hosting manager software in the world. this is my favourite distro for web servers)
  • RockyLinux (from the creators of CentOS Linux, that parted away when Red Hat made the shitty move of moving CentOS to be an upstream distro)
  • Oracle Linux (my main choice when it comes to database servers and some other app specific)
  • Red Hat Enterprise Linux (I believe it dispenses introductions, and now has up to 16 production self-service licenses)

About the my.cnf and regarding the database values, the mysql version is ancient.
For all purposes, a production system should have the DB and the web server separate.

Those values need analysis to know if they’re right, which includes how much memory is being used for other processes, but I would suggest you use the mysqltuner script to check on the recommendations for your system.

1 Like

Why don’t you update Ubuntu to the 22.04 version?

Also, check below link for the combability matrix.