Multiple Taxes - Service based Tax and Product Based Tax - GST / PST

Hi all!

I am having a little bit of a tricky time here… I am in British Columbia, Canada.

I have accidentally overlooked this big issue until now… and omg. It is quite serious. As I am in the midst of getting my workflow organized and I see the invoice / quotes just have a single tax value that is being lumped together. So all the 5% tax’s are getting added with the 7% taxes. And worse yet, the pdf generation doesn’t split the two tax’s in the quotes or invoice generation.

In Canada. We have 2 taxes. GST and PST

GST is 5% PST is 7%

GST is charged on all invoiced items “Goods and Services Tax” of course there are exclusions.
PST is charged on only things you can hold in your hand… ie: products.

I think ideally it would be good to have each product able to be taxable or not. And then more than 1 tax can be applied or not to each product.

Hmm… once that is setup then the pdf generation would need to be updated.

What I have tried to examine is where the lineitems are getting calculated so I could run a separate loop over the products and hold a secondary tax value… And then bring that value into the pdf generation… :thinking:

I found this sweet little “tip” - onblur event who would have guessed. Sweet trick! I am getting closer.

name' => 'tax_amount',
            'label' => 'LBL_TAX_AMOUNT',
            'displayParams' => 
            array (
              'field' => 
              array (
                'onblur' => 'calculateTotal(\'lineItems\');',
              ),
            ),

Hmm. I can see a little mountain that needs to be climbed.

Any best practices here… I hope a fellow Canadian user has a solution that is just perfect.

I hope.

Hey there @burndata
Good news. I’ve just gone through this with a developer so perhaps I can help you out. PM me if you’d like. I’m in Canada and had a similar issue with bottle deposit fees in BC and AB :slight_smile:

Buenas tardes, Pudiste solventar el problema?¿ tengl el mismo problema pero en España Con IVA y IRPF
gracias