Multiple instances management

We have deployed multiple instances of SuiteCRM some have specific fields that are unique to them while others just use the default.

Our problem here currently is the management of all these instances. Currently, we manage them individually and have a repo for each deployment.

But in the long run, where we might have 100 (Sample only) deployed instances of Suite our current process of might be insufficient. So I would like to ask if you have any suggestions for such endeavor?

Basically, we want to be able to monitor and maintain all of our deployed instances of Suite efficiently and cost-effectively. If possible we would like to have all of them on one server or what you can suggest.

SuiteCRM is not really ready for full automated deployment but I’ve seen people discussing it in previous threads.

This blog post is about SugarCRM but it will give you an idea of the challenges involved:
blog.indrek.io/articles/version-control-...ctices-for-sugarcrm/

Basically there are three major hurdles:

• SuiteCRM as it comes out of Git is not the same as the app after installation. The installer does a LOT of stuff (there is an automated installer, though).

• SuiteCRM changes itself. Users can go into Studio and it will create new PHP files.

• SuiteCRM’s customizations are divided between files (like vardefs, layouts, etc) and database

I’d say it’s easier to create an automated initial install, it’s harder to keep a customized, deployed app up to date with changes from git…

One basic step would be to disable Studio and Module builder and Dropdown editor to make sure that app doesn’t change itself, due to some admin playing with it, outside your control.