Once I finished setting everything up on my local machine, it was time to move it to the dev/staging server.
sudo scp -r SuiteCRM-7.7.4/ tabdelmonem@nameOfServer:/var/www/html
Logged into mysql to import the db
Everything went smooth, expect when I go to http:///SuiteCRM-7.7.4/index.php - I receive a blank page with a 500 error under the network tab of the inspector
I have set a test.html page in /var/www/html directory and it works just fine.
Do I have to reinstall suitecrm from scratch?
Thanks in advance
You have to perform at t least the following things:
- Reset permissions, owner ond group (this depends on the system you are on)
- Edit config.php and update host_name, site_url and other the references to the old url or folders with the new ones
- Update the database information in config.php ('db_host_name, db_user_name, db_password, db_name, db_type)
- Edit .htaccess and update the references to the old folder
- Login as Admin and perform a Quick Repair and Rebuild, possibly more than once
- Log out
- Reset permissions again
- Now you should be able to use it
Possibly you will also have to clear the browser cache
For more information search the forum: there are plenty of posts on the argument.
Thanks for responding @amariussi,
Yeah, the host_name was one of the pieces to the puzzle
The dev machine is CentOS 6.x:
sudo vi /etc/sysconfig/network
add the <host_name> with 127.0.0.1
Since I didn’t run the installer, then I did not know what suitecrm was missing. Of course, after I got tired of things not working, I went to run the installer once more, which let me know what was going on.
sudo yum install mysql-server
sudo /sbin/service mysqld start
sudo yum install php-mbstring
sudo chmod -R 777 custom/
sudo chmod -R 777 modules/
sudo chmod -R 777 upload/
sudo yum install php-imap
sudo vi /etc/php.ini
max_execution_time = 2000
max_input_time = 60
post_max_size = 120M
upload_max_filesize = 40M
sudo apachectl restart
Once the installer was ready to go, I checked suitecrm once more and it was all there. All the users, accounts, contacts, etc…
Thank you once more for your help :cheer: