Missing Icons in menu bar after upgrade to version 8.5.1

I recently upgraded my SuiteCRM 7.12 to 7.14 and finally upgraded it to version 8.5.1. I found some error logs which I fixed and cleared the cache. Now everything seems working fine and I can use each module and even access the administrator as well, but the only issue is the menu bar icons are not showing. After some inspection and comparison with a fresh installed CRM, I found that all the ‘scrm-image’ icons are not loading in my upgraded CRM. I have tried every possible option like re-setting permissions, clearing cache etc. but still no luck.
Could you guys help me fix this issue? I am using php version 7.4 with all optional and required plugins installed. It’s using amazon EC2 instance with RDS database.

Thanks in advance.

You should use PHP version 8.1 or 8.2.

Report back with your results!

Hey
Go to your config.php or config_override.php and check what is the default theme set there. It should be suite8 not suiteP

Hi chris001,

Sorry for the late reply, I was waiting for the IT guy to upgrade the PHP. Finally we have PHP version 8.2. But unfortunately the output is same. The menu icons are not displaying and also the icons in administrator page are missing.
After PHP version upgrade, we cleared the cache as well.

Hi abuzarfariz,

Thank you for the suggestion, I have already verified this step. The default theme is suite8 and this is the only available theme in themes directory.

Hello guys,

Thank you for your help. This issue is resolved now. So basically it was the version issue. After upgrading PHP version to 8.2 I reset the permissions and cleared cache using following commands.

sudo find . -type d -not -perm 2755 -exec chmod 2755 {} ;

sudo find . -type f -not -perm 0644 -exec chmod 0644 {} ;

sudo find . ! -user apache -exec chown apache:apache {} ;

sudo chmod +x bin/console

sudo ./bin/console cache:clear

After performing above actions, it started displaying the menu icons in the CRM.

Regards
Ahmed

1 Like