Migrating from one instance of SuiteCRM to another because of Email problems in 7.10.9.

Due to the problems related to the E-Mail function in SuiteCRM 7.10.9, probably caused due to the upgrade process, we started an initiative to move all data from one Installation to a new one. So, it’s a new installation, where Email now is working.
After this migration we lost all history of changes made to SuiteCRM, the relation, the menus, the asks.
The new installation/migration was done, with new original installation version 7.8.20, import old database plus contents of the “/uploads” folder and the upgrade to SuiteCRM 7.10.9.

Problem seems to that contents of the modules including data, relations and config from the old instance of Suite is missingon the new one, but I am not sure if which data to copy? All contents of modules will probably bring me into the same position?
Can some help?

Sorry for such a basic suggestion, but did you do a Quick Repair and Rebuild? Did you scroll down to the bottom to see if there is a button to “sync database with vardefs”? (if there is, press it)

When you moved the data, you moved between an old 7.8.20 server and a new 7.8.20 server, right? Because migrations can’t be mixed with upgrades, you have to maintain the same version.

Did you do a full database dump when exporting? Or some different method?

Hi pgr, thanks for back on me.

Yes, this would be one of the frist things to do after restore: “Quick Repair” and “Rebuild”

But, this one I did not ses: “Did you scroll down to the bottom to see if there is a button to “sync database with vardefs”? (if there is, press it)”

“When you moved the data, you moved between an old 7.8.20 server and a new 7.8.20 server, right?”
For sure, exactly. No cross update!

“Did you do a full database dump when exporting?”
Yes, a full database dump with --opt and later restore!

Any idea on the /modules/ folders to copy aswell?

Regards,

The folders to copy would be just “custom” if you have customizations you want to keep, and “uploads”.

Check if you want / need to copy also your config.php and config_override.php

Hello,

and thanks for helping!

I did:
_copy of just “custom” and “uploads”.
_copy config.php and config_override.php

But helped only a tiny bit, there are still layout and relations missing! :blush:

M.

Sorry to ask the obvious, but did you run a Quick Repair and Rebuild?

When you do, remember also to scroll down to the bottom to see if there is a button to “sync database with vardefs”. If so, press it.

Hey, thanks for the reply!

And yes, I did! Nowadays this is a routine to do.

M.

You can try some extra Repairs from Admin / Repairs, especially stuff about “relationships” and anything mentioning “javascript”.

Then, if the problems persist, when you say " layout and relations missing", please specify one case in detail so we can look into it.