Major Enhancements - What do you want to see next?

Am I allowed to share some minor enhancement ideas?

For scheduling reports, it would be nice to be able to specify report parametersā€¦
Also, it could be cool if inline editing worked in report views.

sieberta

I agree, I suggest a campaign for donations, we all win in our companies or consulting work, we should donate at least 5% of the profits to the project, Iā€™m sure we would maintainable and faster we would have robustness, consistency and excellent architecture.

They thought strategy where partners pay a membership, where there is a council training and certifications? What you think about it?

I know other CRM products on the market and have participated as a consultant on major projects, but what we do with SuiteCRM is great.

Thanks guys!

I agree, I suggest a campaign for donations, we all win in our companies or consulting work, we should donate at least 5% of the profits to the project, Iā€™m sure we would maintainable and faster we would have robustness, consistency and excellent architecture.

They thought strategy where partners pay a membership, where there is a council training and certifications? What you think about it? I know other CRM products on the market and have participated as a consultant on major projects, but what we do with SuiteCRM is great.

I voted for marketing automation, however it would be great to have these ideas in the roadmap.

Studio

1. Add in the standard version to field that could have many values ā€‹ā€‹(similar to emails) With full search, import and export functionality.
  2. Calculated fields
  3. Security at field level, according to roles
  4. Ability to create views and hide tabs and subpanels according to a role with this could be implemented much better B2C and B2B model, often using module accounts and contacts must be dynamic.
  5. Add fields to handle relations roles or something else That Allows Establish a relationship Between two modules, as well as contact-opportunity.

Security
6. Views dynamics by role
7. Restrict buttons and actions by role

Marketing
8. segmentation tool in marketing campaigns, such as in SAP CRM ie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JQByOPv2nY

Polls module
9. Ability to design surveys, and send them through a marketing campaign, to publish them as web lead capture, so we would have for the web.

Social CRM
10. Ability to create and convert contacts from Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin in a lead, contact, account or target.

Thanks guys!

I am mainly concerned about reporting development. Integrated AOR is getting better but is still underdeveloped if compared to some paid extensions. Maybe it has to be like this if there is no enough interest for salesagility team to invest in this. Specially knowing that other unpaid versions (base KReporter, base AlineaSol) are also limited in features.
On the other hand real business needs customized, well presented and a bit interactive reports. And I am close to decide to buy on of those solutions since they can do it quite good but I donā€™t feel comfortable knowing that there is also a potential risk of incompatibility with future suite crm releases?

So here is a list of features that would be very nice to see in a future AOR development:

These are all paid functions for KReporter and/or AlineaSol.
Are we ever going to see some of them in the AOR?

I would like to see a version which has Long Term Support. These things should be included:

Less error prone application.
Security Fixes.

ā€“ Andreas

What if the filters engine in reports was added to workflow. So that we could and/or and group conditions together?

sieberta

Search

Sorryā€¦ meant to put more.

our users find it frustrating not to be able to have one search box and it searches name / account number / address / phone etcā€¦ I get quite a few complaints about having to do advanced search and the individual boxes. My users want to be able to have more flexible searching within the module they are in.

@booktrunk,

This is a pretty easy customization you can do yourself I think. Look at the code behind the any phone and any address search fields and make your own omnisearch within the fields you want it to search!

sieberta

1 Like

Thanks. iā€™ll look

I would like to see serious improvements to the Calendar module and user interface. Make it very easy to use like OroCRM and Google Calendar.

2 Likes

How about more shortcut keys?
ā€¦ and publish themā€¦

I donā€™t really think this thread about major enhancements has any point when basic, core functionality such as HTML emails and templates is broken. The ability to send well formatted, responsive emails using created templates is a basic and fundamental feature. In its current state, Iā€™m having to use a different tool just to send out decent looking emails. Thatā€™s not acceptable. All these ā€œenhancementsā€ can come later. My 2 cents.

2 Likes

Cron jobs to:
. Import
. Add/Remove to/from Target Lists
. Delete records
. Perform Mass updates
. perform other long activities where the application may timeout and therefore crash leaving the user with a mess to solve

@amariussi since you also ā€œvotedā€ for stability and robustness as important issues, I think you might like to know about these two issues I opened just now:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/2787
https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/2788

I am convinced that this diagnosis is very good news for this project.

I would love to get your feedback on that, and if you can even test that on your systems, it could be a good way to validate my discoveries. My system went from continuously breaking to spectacular stability. When I start the Upgrade Wizard it always gives me ā€œall files writeableā€ now, before, there were always some permissions to fixā€¦

3 Likes

@pgr
I have read your threads on GitHub and I really hope they are the solution to one of the worst problems of SuiteCRM: premissions.

Probably your proposed solution solves a big part of the problem but I believe that there are also part of the code that mess permissions in some way for other, possibly similar, reasons.

I hope that SalesAgility take it seriously and do something. The first reaction on gitHub was to downgrade the problem but, fortunately, they have caught the importance and assigned someone so letā€™s all be positive on this and thanks @pgr for the contribution.

1 Like

@amariussi when you have the time and you are feeling brave, could you try the fix on your system(s)?

Simply checking whether your running cron as the same user as PHP web app (and not as root, for example) would be a nice information. If it is different, you could tryā€¦

• changing that setting so that cron runs as the same user (sudo crontab -e -u TheWebServerUserName)
  • fixing permissions for one last time
  • disabling your other cron job that fixes permissions every 10 minutes
  • and then cross your fingers and watch your system closely for a few days to determine whether permissions are now stable.

This sort of confirmation (I have them from 2 people already, besides my own) are the best publicity for getting SalesAgility to devote some resources to this. Oh, and some upvotes on Github might also help : - )

+1
The email editor seems really broken at the moment. Basic functionalities like changing the font or color overwrites a lot of other effects. Alignments of images sometimes do not work. It takes a hell lot of time to create decent emails.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œArsalanā€ post=42085]

I see you are one of the ā€œtake take takeā€ brigade. Really, if itā€™s not acceptable then just stop using it. Nobody is forcing you. You come on here and post lots of questions and get lots of free assistance from a free software project. You put absolutely nothing back. And then you have the damn gall to say that the software is not acceptable.

Whatā€™s not acceptable is that you think your issue is more important than anyone elseā€™s. Whatā€™s not acceptable is that you donā€™t understand that open source is not about ā€œmeā€, itā€™s about us, about community and about putting something back. Whatā€™s not acceptable is that you have contributed nothing and taken out everything you need.

So, I invite you to stop using SuiteCRM. Stop posting in here and go and find something that will suit you better. We wonā€™t miss you.

1 Like

Wow does this response represent the position of Salesagility as a company or just your personal opinion? Not surprised, though. First of all, I am very familiar with open source, community and what itā€™s about. This thread was about enhancements. Providing feedback, positive or not, is what allows you to make ā€œenhancementsā€ to begin with. A CRM, free or not, should have basic functionality before you think about enhancements. SuiteCRM doesnā€™t seem to when HTML email templating is broken which has been brought up by many. Are you asking us to fix it for you, is that what you mean by giving back? Please elaborate. Thanks.