Locked in the login page after upgrading from 8.6.2 to 8.7

After upgrading from 8.6.2 to 8.7, when I attempt to login, I get routed back to the login page, as if a session was not created. I’ve checked the prod.log and I can see that the following errors are likely relevant to the case:

[2024-10-03 23:06:19] request.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Error: “Call to undefined method AuthenticationController::isUserActive()” at Authentication.php line 246 {“exception”:“[object] (Error(code: 0): Call to undefined method AuthenticationController::isUserActive() at /home/MYWEBSITE/core/backend/Authentication/LegacyHandler/Authentication.php:246)”} []

[2024-10-03 23:06:20] request.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Error: “Call to undefined method AuthenticationController::isUserActive()” at Authentication.php line 246 {“exception”:“[object] (Error(code: 0): Call to undefined method AuthenticationController::isUserActive() at /home/MYWEBSITE/core/backend/Authentication/LegacyHandler/Authentication.php:246)”} []

[2024-10-03 23:06:20] request.ERROR: Uncaught PHP Exception Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\Exception\AccessDeniedHttpException: “Invalid CSRF token” at CSRFValidationListener.php line 95 {“exception”:“[object] (Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\Exception\AccessDeniedHttpException(code: 0): Invalid CSRF token at /home/MYWEBSITE/core/backend/Security/CSRFValidationListener.php:95)”} []

[2024-10-03 23:06:20] request.ERROR: Uncaught PHP Exception Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\Exception\AccessDeniedHttpException: “Invalid CSRF token” at CSRFValidationListener.php line 95 {“exception”:“[object] (Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\Exception\AccessDeniedHttpException(code: 0): Invalid CSRF token at /home/MYWEBSITE/core/backend/Security/CSRFValidationListener.php:95)”} []

It appears that the upgrade has impacted the login procedure of your website, as both of the reported files by the error log are recently updated, as shown below:

-rw-r–r-- 1 ANONIMYZED ANONIMYZED 7741 Oct 3 22:26 /home/MYWEBSITE/core/backend/Authentication/LegacyHandler/Authentication.php

-rw-r–r-- 1 ANONIMYZED ANONIMYZED 3224 Oct 3 22:26 /home/MYWEBSITE/core/backend/Security/CSRFValidationListener.php

Hi @matteoraggi, thanks for the feedback on the release.

This might happen when permissions aren’t correctly set.

Please try re-setting permissions.

Even I got this error while installing v8.7

You need to reset permission and ownership.

Also, set correct path in your web host(apache, nginx) and RewriteBase in the ‘/public/legacy/.htaccess’ file.

Then open another tab and hit your URL, it will mostly land you to login page.

Thanks, the permissions are in fact correctly set, but accessing the login page is not the issue.
My issue is actually logging into the website.

Read common issues:

Also check site_url in the config.php file

Hello I expirienced issuses with upgrading from 8.6.2 to 8.7 too.

My solutions:

1. “Login credentials incorrect, please try again” when trying to login as admin
  • edit file .env.local from SuiteCRM root directory and add missing variable APP_SECRET at the end:
APP_SECRET=put_here_any_secret
  1. Missing translation after upgrade
  • login as admin selecting English, change your language to English in profile
  • go to Admin → Admin Tools → Module Loader and uninstall your native language
  • do Admin → Admin Tools → Quick Repair and Rebuild
  • return to Module Loader install your language
  • Quick Repair and Rebuild and then logout and login with your language
1 Like

I have the same problem. I set upped permissions three times and nothing help. I set the permissions by these commands

find . -type d -not -perm 2755 -exec chmod 2755 {} \;
find . -type f -not -perm 0644 -exec chmod 0644 {} \;
find . ! -user www-data -exec chown www-data:www-data {} \;
chmod +x bin/console

In browser I see these errors

and on server I see

[2024-10-17 06:07:33] php.WARNING: Notice: tempnam(): file created in the system's temporary directory {"exception":"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): Notice: tempnam(): file created in the system's temporary directory at /bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy/include/utils/sugar_file_utils.php:211)"} []
[2024-10-17 06:07:33] php.WARNING: User Warning: sugar_file_put_contents_atomic() : fatal rename failure '/tmp/tempkHxm7R' -> 'cache/modules/ACLActions/ACLActionvardefs.php' {"exception":"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): User Warning: sugar_file_put_contents_atomic() : fatal rename failure '/tmp/tempkHxm7R' -> 'cache/modules/ACLActions/ACLActionvardefs.php' at /bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy/include/utils/sugar_file_utils.php:232)"} []
[2024-10-17 06:07:33] php.WARNING: Notice: tempnam(): file created in the system's temporary directory {"exception":"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): Notice: tempnam(): file created in the system's temporary directory at /bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy/include/utils/sugar_file_utils.php:211)"} []
[2024-10-17 06:07:33] php.WARNING: User Warning: sugar_file_put_contents_atomic() : fatal rename failure '/tmp/tempwkjmkl' -> 'cache/modules/Trackers/Trackervardefs.php' {"exception":"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): User Warning: sugar_file_put_contents_atomic() : fatal rename failure '/tmp/tempwkjmkl' -> 'cache/modules/Trackers/Trackervardefs.php' at /bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy/include/utils/sugar_file_utils.php:232)"} []
[2024-10-17 06:07:33] php.WARNING: User Warning: sugar_file_put_contents_atomic() : fatal rename failure '/tmp/tempAEyNeh' -> 'cache/modules/Import/ImportMapvardefs.php' {"exception":"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): User Warning: sugar_file_put_contents_atomic() : fatal rename failure '/tmp/tempAEyNeh' -> 'cache/modules/Import/ImportMapvardefs.php' at /bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy/include/utils/sugar_file_utils.php:232)"} []
[2024-10-17 06:07:33] php.WARNING: User Warning: sugar_file_put_contents_atomic() : fatal rename failure '/tmp/tempUFEVU3' -> 'cache/modules/Import_1/ImportMapvardefs.php' {"exception":"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): User Warning: sugar_file_put_contents_atomic() : fatal rename failure '/tmp/tempUFEVU3' -> 'cache/modules/Import_1/ImportMapvardefs.php' at /bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy/include/utils/sugar_file_utils.php:232)"} []
[2024-10-17 06:07:33] php.WARNING: User Warning: sugar_file_put_contents_atomic() : fatal rename failure '/tmp/tempsaJDCs' -> 'cache/modules/MergeRecords/MergeRecordvardefs.php' {"exception":"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): User Warning: sugar_file_put_contents_atomic() : fatal rename failure '/tmp/tempsaJDCs' -> 'cache/modules/MergeRecords/MergeRecordvardefs.php' at /bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy/include/utils/sugar_file_utils.php:232)"} []

I find out that in bitnami docker image bitnami/suitecrm apache runs under user daemon and not apache. So when I change to owner daemen everything started working

find . ! -user daemon -exec chown daemon:www-data {} \;