Listview for Accounts module not changing after edit in Studio

Hi,

I need to add extra fields to the listview for Accounts for a client, however although I add the fields and save/deploy, the changes do not show in the listview (only the orginal default fields show up). It seems to be just this module as the other modules work fine and I also get it to work on other SuiteCRM installations for the Accounts module. So it seems to be this specific installation that doesnt work. Is there anything I can do to spark it back into life to pick up changes I make in studio?

Hi @doogle1975,

Welcome to the Community! :tada:

Could you first try running the permissions commands;

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .
  sudo chmod -R 755 .
  sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload
  sudo chmod 775 config_override.php 2>/dev/null

Afterwords try running a repair and rebuild and execute any sql at the bottom.

Let me know what happens!

Hi Mac-Rae,

thanks for your response.

I gave that a crack but nothing noticable happened to be honest. The repair and rebuild didn’t produce any additional SQL to run. I gave the Apache service a kick as well but didnt change the outcome. It’s weird, because it works fine for other modules and as I say, it works on the Accounts module for other instances of SuiteCRM of the same version as well.

Interestingly I can add columns in the listview and the columns I want get added, but if I move away from accounts and come back to columns are gone again.

Hi,
I’ve noticed that saved filters also store the users selected column layout. Does your ListView currently have an activated filter?

No , I have no filters applied at all in the ListView. it doesnt seem to matter if I add columns, delete columns restore the defaults and save/deploy. The default columns always persist in the orignal order.

I am a novice. What I realized is that often I have to logout and then login after saving the custom list view to see it reflected correctly.