I hope everyone is doing well!
We are finishing up our development of our CRM system and will be preparing for system testing soon. We just have a few questions regarding the legal notices of SugarCRM and SuiteCRM.
We applaud the team who has developed this amazing software and want to give them credit where credit is due! Hence we would like to make sure that our legal notices are displayed correctly according to the Open Source License.
The legal notice reads: " * In accordance with Section 7(b) of the GNU Affero General Public License version 3,
- these Appropriate Legal Notices must retain the display of the "Powered by
- SugarCRM" logo and “Supercharged by SuiteCRM” logo. If the display of the logos is not
- reasonably feasible for technical reasons, the Appropriate Legal Notices must
- display the words “Powered by SugarCRM” and “Supercharged by SuiteCRM”."
POINT: It does not specify where the logos must be displayed, we are using a third party extension for the login page and it doesn’t display the logos there, furthermore once you log in we have applied a theme (built in) which also doesn’t display the logos, and the only thing displayed are at the bottom Powered by SugarCRM and Supercharged by SuiteCRM, but without logos.
- Is it fine if it only displays the text? - I assume so.
- Must it be displayed on the login page, the home page or must it just be displayed somewhere (such in the About tab)?
- Besides either the logo or the text, are there any other MUSTS that must be displayed on the front end for the end user to see or are those the only things?
Thank you for your time and dedication to the development of the software!