Leads accepting a Meeting request

Using SuiteCRM 7.10.4

Hi all,

We just started using the Meeting module and I’ve figured out how to adjust the email invite content as well as the AcceptDecline page.

The one thing I haven’t figured out though is how to allow leads to Accept or Decline the meeting invite without having a log in to the CRM. When a lead clicks on the link they get the CRM log in page with a message across the top saying “You have been logged out because your session has expired.”

I’d like them to get the page saying their status has been accepted ( or declined).

Thanks for the help

Brian

So I wanted to follow up to my own question with an answer in case someone else tries to do what I’ve done.
(plus I might need to refer to this myself in the future)

In order to change the content shown when someone clicked the Accept or Decline Links in the Meeting Invites (I took out the Tentative for our purposes) I copied /modules/Contacts/AcceptDecline.php to custom/modules/Contacts/AcceptDecline.php and made the necessary page changes…

Since this is an EntryPoint I also had to tell the code to use my custom changes… so I created acceptDecline.php in custom/Extension/application/Ext/EntryPointRegistry/

The contents of this file are:

<?php
$entry_point_registry['acceptDecline'] = array(
    'file' => 'custom/modules/Contacts/AcceptDecline.php',
    'auth' => false,
);

The key to fixing my authentication needed problem was where it says ‘auth’ => false, I had inadvertently set it to ‘auth’ => true, thus telling the code it needed an authenticated user.

After a “Quick Repair and Rebuild” things work as expected. Now my leads can Accept or Decline meeting requests without a username or password.

Hope that helps.