Language module problem

Good morning all,

I am trying to install a translation module following the installation of SuiteCRM but I always have an error message: a manifest.php file is missing in the zip file. Unable to continue.
However, I checked that the file is present in the zip folder.
Can you help me please

Are you in Admin / Module Loader?

Yes but when I upload I get this error message

Sometimes this happens when people try uploading an installer package as an upgrade, or an upgrade as a module, etc. - the wrong kind of package in the wrong place.

You can also simply try re-downloading it, the file might be corrupt.

Thank you for your reply.
I am on mac and I wonder if this is not the problem however I followed the installation procedure.
It still does not workThank you for your reply.
I am on mac and I wonder if this is not the problem however I followed the installation procedure.
It still does not work

I installed locally by MAMP

Check your logs

You might have to increase upload_max_filesize in your php.ini

I just tried and it doesn’t work

Was there any more detail within the logs? Also have you been able to install any other language packs?

Hello,
I just tried with the French and Spanish pack and I have the same problem.
For information, I use a Mac and MAMP.
I don’t know if that’s the problem

Make sure you turn off display_errors in your php.ini and restart web server. Having this on will spit out PHP messages into the least obvious places - it can break SuiteCRM in endless ways. So it’s a nice thing to try.

I have the same problem, I am also from a Mac, download the Spanish file, I am trying to install it from Admin -> Module Loader and it gives me the same error.

Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 12.06.41

I am downloading the package from this site.

Consider:
I am working from a mac and Safari, when a compressed file is downloaded it is automatically unzipped but I think this was affecting the package since I had to unzip it again and the original file was going to a garbage can, because this time I went to the trash can. and moved it; and use that original file and it worked without any problem.
I leave the link where the package goes.

https://crowdin.com/project/suitecrmtranslations/es-ES#

Download the latest version not stable and it worked.
I hope it helps you as it helped me.

What worked for me was changing the PHP version back to 7.3.

1 Like