Label Printing

Hello,

I am working on printing account address labels. I am somehow get close to it but need some help.

What i am doing is i have created a new menu item in list view action drop down menu which opens a new small window which has php code. It prints labels in 2 columns but its static now.

What i want is that the selected accounts information will pass to custom php page so that i can print labels for them. How can i pass this information to my custom made php page.

I am using on click function which opens a new window with php code. Please help me in passing these variables so that it will work.

I will appreciate your help and it will give me relief as i need to it for some client.

Hi there,

Have you looked at how the PDF Templates module parses/prints data? It may be worth having a look to see if you can utilise PDF Templates to create templates/print delivery labels.

Thanks,

Will.

Hello Will,

I tried using pdf templates but the problem is labels are coming only in one column but i want labels in 2 columns
I tried php code to print labels in 2 columns using for loop but it does not take php code.

Please help i need it urgently. As i commited to my client.

Dear All,

Same requirement for me
Kindly provide the code & steps for implement.

Thanks

Nitesh

Hi Hansie,

How are you doing this via PHP? Are you echoing out the HTML? You should be able to construct HTML to output the labels into 2 columns.

Thanks,

Will.

Hello Will,

What i tried is create a new action button item in list view of account and defined href to my custom php page whose code is below

<?php for($k=0; $k<=2; $k++) { Echo ""; Echo "Address Label Print- HIT6 CRM"; Echo ""; for($j=0; $j<=7; $j++) { Echo ""; for($i=0; $i<=1; $i++) { Echo ""; } Echo ""; } Echo "
".$account_name."
"; Echo "

"; } ?>

How can i pass values from list view to this custom page to print the labels. I created custom menu item in custom/ view.list.php

Another method i tried is using pdf templates. But pdf templates does not take above code. It discard php tags

You could get the items from a target list.

PS: I think you have a small bug in your html:

Echo "</tr></table>";    <---- the </tr> tag is in excess since you have closed it in your for loop!