Kanban view: free or paid module?

I was wondering if some has tried some of the following modules that correspond to a paid and some free modules
https://youaddon.com/portfolio/detail/30/kanban-view-for-opportunities-module
https://youaddon.com/portfolio/detail/41/kanban-view-on-all-modules-for-sugarce-suitecrm
https://store.suitecrm.com/addons/kanban-view

hi there

We have chosen to use
store.suitecrm.com/addons/kanban-view

This is the most customisable kanban, with freedom to use custom modules, choose what is inside the card headers and the content inside the cards, also what dropdown to use for the columns in the kanban (not always status for my client)

You can use saved filters to really filter the kanban, for example you can have a kanban specific for leads that have been created that month

Right click on a card and log a Call or Meeting, see plans & history all from kanban

Also, one of my clients required custom development and Andrew (the developer) of Kanban was great! He turned it around in a few days and it works exactly how they need it to

The free version
youaddon.com/portfolio/detail/41/kanban-...for-sugarce-suitecrm

We used this for like 30 seconds as we already had the paid for version but still wanted to try it

For free its great
It does what it says on the tin, it will show your records in a Kanban view and you can move them from one status to another

Works with custom modules

In the backend you can choose what module, what field, what values for the columns etc

Not as many customisations from a user end point of view but probably can update code if you know how to :wink:

Like the header & content inside the cards on the kanban (paid version does this)

I have not tried the other kanban you posted for $50

My advice is use the free version, see if it satisfies your needs for a simple kanban view, if you think you need more options / features then paid version will be your product and remember you always get a 30 day trial through the Suite Store so you have enough time to implement it and see it it works for you

Hope this helps
Thanks again

I get this message with the free version:
The zip file is missing a manifest.php file. Cannot proceed.
But the file is there.

you had to unzip and rezip the file for it to detect the manifest.php

Do you have the free version of this? I cant seem too find it online anymore - I wanted too test it out.

Have you check this:

Anyone have a clue why I get the following error when trying to install the free Kanban For Opportunities extension :

[02-Aug-2021 01:40:31 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function post_install() in /home/username/suite.domain.com/modules/Administration/UpgradeWizard_commit.php:349
Stack trace:
#0 /home/username/suite.domain.com/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(839): include_once()
#1 /home/username/suite.domain.com/include/MVC/View/views/view.classic.php(72): SugarView->includeClassicFile(‘cache/upgrades/…’)
#2 /home/username/suite.domain.com/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(226): ViewClassic->display()
#3 /home/username/suite.domain.com/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(444): SugarView->process()
#4 /home/username/suite.domain.com/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(375): SugarController->processView()
#5 /home/username/suite.domain.com/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php(113): SugarController->execute()
#6 /home/username/suite.domain.com/index.php(52): SugarApplication->execute()
#7 {main}
thrown in /home/username/suite.domain.com/modules/Administration/UpgradeWizard_commit.php on line 349

I’ll recommend you to post your question under the same post and tag the creator of the module so he can help you.

Thanks, I did get some help from the developer ad he was very generous and helped me solve the issue,

1 Like