JQuery not executing in custom module

Hi, Iā€™ve been tooling around with js/jquery a little bit more and was noticing whenever I attempted to do something in jquery my script wouldnā€™t load. I boiled it all the way down to even if I have :

$(document).ready(function(){
});

nothing else in my script would work, doesnā€™t show in the debugger of inspect element. Could this be an issue of what gets loaded first on the page? I notice the other scripts that are getting loading with the page have the same call at the beginning, which is strange why this script stops working once I use it

my solution so far is adding this to the top of the screen:

let jq = document.createElement(ā€˜scriptā€™);
jq.src = ā€œ//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.1/jquery.min.jsā€;

how are you adding Jquery to the module. and in which View Edit or Detail?

Iā€™m doing it directly through my a js script, that might be the issue

But how are you adding the Jquery or JS file? In the viewdefs?

js files are being included into editview

can you please be more specific. Are you adding them in editviewdefs.php ?

yes, the javascript file works by itself, its included in editviewdefs.php and the script is inside /custom/modules/mymodule/js - so that part is covered. Its just when I start using JQuery syntax that the script no longer gets loaded. Pure JS works fine

are you trying to include Jquery File? I think its already bundled with the group JS files in CRM.
PS: Do you see any JS error in console?

no errors in console when i donā€™t include anything in my script, just doesnā€™t show up in loaded scripts that im viewing from inspect element.

can you share how its added?

ā€˜includesā€™ => array(
array(
ā€˜fileā€™ => ā€˜custom/modules/Moves_Moves/js/moves.jsā€™,
),

The mismatching braces is just a typo?

ā€˜includesā€™ => array(
     array(
       ā€˜fileā€™ => ā€˜custom/modules/Moves_Moves/js/moves.jsā€™,
   ), 
), 

you have seen the example at
/modules/Accounts/metadata/editviewdefs.php

just a typo, probably from when I copied it over. and yeah Iā€™ve checked out other default modules for how its done and from the docs. weird, the other scripts are using JQuery calls fine without an include in their files

@lucid
Did you do Admin -> Repair -> Quick Repair and Rebuild ?