Joomla Portal! How to use it, install, configuration.

I’m tying to switch from Vtiger to SuiteCRM but finding issues with the portal - not able to get it set up correctly.

I have installed Joomla 2.5.28
I have installed latest version SuteCRM
Running PHP 5.3

I installed and enable AOP extension in Joomla
IN Joomal > Components > AOP i set URL of SuiteCRM and username & password of SuiteCRM admin

In SuteCRM in AOP settings:

Enable AOP: -checked
Enable External Portal - checked
Joomla URL : http://www.mydomain.co.uk/joomla

Two things wrong:
When I point browser to http://www.mydomain.co.uk/joomla I just get a default Joomla page
When I add a contact I don;t see a checkbox for add as portal User?

Something is wring but I’ve hit a wall on this one …

I have found the create portal use option - hidden away. After you ave the contact the edit menu dropdown has add portal user optoin, very bad to put it in there IMO, very frustrating …

So I have create portal user > success
Portal user receives email > success

But My Joomla installation just shows a default Joomla page not the Portal …

I created a user, but how to remove it using crm?

For information I was wondering the same.

The final step is to go in Joomla Menus and to ad a menu, you will be able to select menu from the open portal.
There are 3 menus that basically are the same, especially Home and case list is the same view.
I suppose this is an initial version and they are planning to ad features (like vtiger portal).
For now the basic of cases are there, and it works like a charm for me up to now in testing mode.

Also I was wondering if there is any plan to include BUGS in there ?
It would be the next step in cases I guess, at least for my needs.

Thanks for the super job!

quick question, if I wanted to create custom contact fields in Suitecrm and have them displayed on the dashboard of the Joomla portal, will this be possible?

I never tried it, but I suppose it should be possible with some easy changes to the code

ok, thanks. setting up portal now, will revert back once working

Failed to create portal user, followed advice about updating site/models/SugarCase.php but cannot find it

ok, got it working, users are created, I have created a custom field in CRM contact, where to start to have that information populated from the CRM to portal user?

Not seeing cases, is there something else to do, profile page works 100%

Not to worry, was Joomla issue…