Items in a search result produce an error condition

Hi again,

I’m currently evaluating SuiteCRM and have come across an issue where click on items in a Search result produce an error condition.

The current specs of the setup are:

  • SuiteCRM 7.14.0
  • PHP version: 8.1.2 (PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14)

The problem in more detail:

  • I created a test contact called “Joe Smith”
  • I can search for “Joe Smith” using the Search tool in the top left hand corner of the main window
  • The serach correctly produces the desire result
  • However when I click on the item “Joe Smith” I get a page loading error:
  • If I look at the error more closely I can see that the / is missing in the URL before the string index.php
  • If I manually insert the / in the URL, the query works but the page rendering is incomplete

This issue occurs for any contact I search for. However if I use the Filter option instead, I don’t encounter this error.

I can provide more details or log files if required.

Please share the URL which it generates?

The URL it generates is:

Note the / is missing before the string index.php. If I add / manually, I get the page I’ve described in the original post


The URL should be

also remove the slash after index.php, so /? should become ? only

The search page code need to be modified. It is backend coding work to fix it.

OK. That seems to work.

So this seems like a software bug. Any tips on what I might be able to do to resolve it ?

(Just noticed your last portion of the message that the page code needs to be modified)

Please check your site_url variable in the config.php or config_override.php

1 Like

It looks like the site_url variable is correctly configured in the file /var/www/html/SuiteCRM-7.14.0/config.php as far as I can tell:
'site_url' => ''

Admittedly I’ve setup https at the backend using apache2 standard settings, so that redirects to

you can try to change the site_url to https and see if that fixes your issue
also look for same in the config_override as well just to verify

1 Like

Brilliant recommendation. I set the variable to the following: 'site_url' => '',

After making the change and restarting the apache service, the error condition has been resolved.

Thanks very much for your assistance. :wink:

1 Like