Issues with search after update from 7.11.18 to 7.12.1

Hi everyone,

I have recently posted about issues with elasticsearch here, I hope me posting again is not frowned upon.

I have recently installed a patch from 7.11.18 to 7.12.1 and I’m running into issues with search

• Basic search fails when using German special characters like ä.ĂĽ.ö, will only show an empty results page

• Lucene search somehow has unreliable search results. Searching for a name with an Umlaut will return all sorts of records but not a contact that is exactly the search term

• Elasticsearch fails to Index

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think this is the “Filter” feature of the module, not the search feature of the Module Search.

In fact, with the “Filter” feature, I always have the status as you describe, when applying Filter in the Application Module (Lead / Contact / Account / Product / Product-Categories).

And it makes the job or more confused, as soon as the upgrade from any version goes to the higher version, this feature is almost “disable” or called “brainwash” , Unable to give any results, whether with the previous “version” works well → this is really confusing And are looking for reasons.

Interesting. Can you go into more detail what kind of filter this would be or how to enable / disable it?

Unfortunately I don’t work with SuiteCRM, I’m just a systems administrator and was asked whether I can help with this.

There you go, Search :: SuiteCRM Documentation
only help you with Suitecrm documents.

Oh man, this looks totally different, can’t find anything about filters on the results page :frowning:

Hi @SupersonicWaffle,

I’m seeing those issues in regards to Basic and Lucine search within all versions of 7.12. I recommend you open a new issue on GitHub with the details you mentioned above.

As for Elasticsearch can you confirm what error you’re seeing?

Thanks!

Hi @Mac-Rae

Thanks for your response.
I opened a different thread about the Elastic issue the other day because my first course of action was trying to fix the search issues by migrating to ES

Here’s that thread: Issues with elasticsearch - #4 by pgr

Best Regards