I was trying to set up SuiteCRM for e-mail customer support. So I added a group e-mail account (support@…) that automatically creates cases. “From” and “Reply” addresses were set to support@…, too. Important for my scenario is that unknown senders should be able to post inquiries.
Cases are created successfully. However, I’m facing some problems that maybe someone can help me with:
- I configured a custom “New Case Auto-Reply Template” using the same placeholders as the default template. It is sent with the correct sender/reply address, but the placeholders do not get replaced.
- Known contacts get a second confirmation mail (the default template), with placeholders correctly replaced, but wrong sender/reply address. This sender address is not the server default, but one that I configured ages ago for a news campaign. Also all succeeding update notifications use this mail account. I have no idea why this address is used. It isn’t even configured for outbound messages. My expectation would be that support@… is used. The current situation prevents all customer replies, because they go to the wrong address.
- Unknown senders are not automatically added to contacts. Unless added manually, they will not receive any case updates.
- There seems to be no easy way to create a contact from the case, nor from the inquiry e-mail. I have to create a new contact and copy-paste the mail address there.
- If I want to add external attachments, I have to edit the case. If I edit the case, it forces me to assign an account (mandatory field). Why is that?
- If I update the case and add an attachment, then the reporter will receive a notification, but without the attachment.
I wonder if anyone ever used this feature successfully. Ok, could be that it’s only broken on my system, but more and more I’m getting the impression that SuiteCRM is just a loosely connected collection of database tables and input masks, without proper workflows. Especially the e-mail system seems to be badly integrated with the rest.
Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions,
SuiteCRM Version 7.10.2