Issues after upgrading from 7.14.4 to 8.6.1 - missing formatting in HTML

Go to admin ā†’ Themes.

Otherwise, check if you have theme set in config_override.php

Otherwise, go to cache folder and delete theme folder and it will automatically get create on refresh.

Resolution

To overcome the symfony error you need to clear symfony cache by running next command on your SuiteCRM 8 instance root:

./bin/console cache:clear

I ran that but it did NOT solve the page not displaying properly

sudo -u www-data ./bin/console cache:clear

// Clearing the cache for the prod environment with debug false

[OK] Cache for the "prod" environment (debug=false) was successfully cleared.

config_override.php looks like this:

<?php
/***CONFIGURATOR***/
$sugar_config['disable_persistent_connections'] = false;
$sugar_config['dbconfigoption']['collation'] = 'utf8_general_ci';
$sugar_config['default_currency_iso4217'] = 'ZAR';
$sugar_config['default_currency_name'] = 'Rand';
$sugar_config['default_currency_symbol'] = 'R';
$sugar_config['default_module_favicon'] = false;
$sugar_config['dashlet_auto_refresh_min'] = '30';
$sugar_config['stack_trace_errors'] = false;
/***CONFIGURATOR***/

I deleted the theme folder in the .../public/legacy/cache but still getting experiencing the same issue.

I just found another error in my log that I somehow missed: Guess I was only looking for PHP errors.

[2024-08-08 15:56:57] request.ERROR: Uncaught PHP Exception Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\Exception\AccessDeniedHttpException: "Invalid CSRF token" at /var/www/suitecrm8/core/backend/Security/CSRFValidationListener.php line 95 {"exception":"[object] (Symfony\\Component\\HttpKernel\\Exception\\AccessDeniedHttpException(code: 0): Invalid CSRF token at /var/www/suitecrm8/core/backend/Security/CSRFValidationListener.php:95)"} []

I somehow feel this may be the cause of my issue. Any idea how to fix it?

There are topics on this error in this forum, you can search it.

Thanks - I did see those and have been testing most of them but I have not found a solution that works yet :frowning:

Here theyā€™re saying to update composer but it is 7.11 version.

Should I run composer update in the SuiteCRM main directory, or the .../public/legacy or in both of them?

Sorry I donā€™t know.

Are you trying this on dev machine?

Unfortunately I did try the composer install --no-dev already - see here: Issues after upgrading from 7.14.4 to 8.6.1 - missing formatting in HTML - #23 by wavesailor

Right click on page and go to inspect. Go to console or network tab. Check what are errors you have there. Maybe it will help you to find solution.

Checked again but no errors - only a few warnings

It is difficult to find a problem. Maybe it will only work on PHP 8.1 or 8.2 :dizzy_face:

But then the docs should not say it works with PHP 7.4. :neutral_face:

I just wish I could debug the problem better as the only error Iā€™m still seeing is this:

[2024-08-08 20:50:58] request.ERROR: Uncaught PHP Exception Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\Exception\AccessDeniedHttpException: "Invalid CSRF token" at /var/www/suitecrm8/core/backend/Security/CSRFValidationListener.php line 95 {"exception":"[object] (Symfony\\Component\\HttpKernel\\Exception\\AccessDeniedHttpException(code: 0): Invalid CSRF token at /var/www/suitecrm8/core/backend/Security/CSRFValidationListener.php:95)"} []

Maybe try another browser or clear cache on the current browser.

I did try both Chrome and Firefox.

What should your entries be in config.php . Mine are as follows:

'host_name' => 'crm3.mydomain.com',
'site_url' => 'https://crm3.mydomain.com',

You can try:

ā€˜host_nameā€™ => ā€˜IP_ADDRESSā€™

ā€˜site_urlā€™ => ā€˜https://crm3.mydomain.com:443ā€™

Okay tried that but no change:
I also tried:

ā€˜host_nameā€™ => ā€˜localhostā€™

My earlier suggestion of using the vendor folders as they come, was meant to eliminate all the complexities of composer install/update. There are some.

If I were you I would stick to that situation and try to solve the other error you got at that time. After that, with the correct PHP version, correct ownerships and permissions, and perhaps one of those Symfony cache:clear commands, you should really be in standard territory, working with a set up that is highly tested.

I am assuming you donā€™t have any add-ons or customizations that might be causing trouble, that could be another vector to investigate.