Issues after upgrade to 7.7

After upgrading to 7.7 we see a lot of text is missing, only the ref. is left -
please see screenshots

Permissions sometimes get messed up during upgrades. Can you run the following commands from inside your Suite directory:

sudo chmod -R 755 .
sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

You’ll also need to set all files to be owned by the Apache user. For example in Ubuntu by default that’s www-data so you would run the following command (again it’s important that your inside the suite directory directory when you run this command as you don’t want to accidentaly reset all the permissions for your machine):

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .

After this run a repair and rebuild and it should hopefully fix your issue

1 Like

Ah, VERY helpful :slight_smile:

I just upgraded an old, dormant 7.5.4 to 7.7.4 to test SuiteCRM, and almost immediately after I selected the new theme the layout died. So, following that advice (which makes sense, I originally did have issues with images not showing up in especially buttons) I went into our hosted directories with FileZilla and had it clean up the rights of those directories/files - it immediately returned to being usable, even before a repair/rebuild.

I must make a note of this - initially I thought it was because our hoster runs BSD rather than Linux (shouldn’t make a difference, but you never know).

Next battle: finding a way NOT to trip the XSS alerts because all our browsers have ad blocking and other filters installed, and SuiteCRM really doesn’t like those. I’ll probably install Opera on each machine, explicitly for access to the CRM :).