Issue with variables in emails

Hi

If I send an email from SuiteCRM using a template with variables in, it works fine when sent from the individual contact page. If I am on the account page however and I scroll down to the contacts section and click the email adress and send it from there, it still sends but fails to insert the variable data. In other words it just says “Dear contact_first_name”.

The suitecrm log shows the following which may or may not be connected to this:

[FATAL] Parent type is not a valid bean: null
[FATAL] No template for Parent type: null
[FATAL] Mysqli_query failed.
[FATAL] Query Failed: SELECT id , name parent_name): MySQL error 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ‘)’ at line 1

It’s as if the system can’t pull the data for the contacts details, because I am triggering it from the account page (albeit the contacts section), and not the contact page

Is this how its designed to work, or is there meant to be some relationship between the two which is broken on my installation?

I’m on SuiteCRM 7.11.23.

Thanks

Andy

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was a system limitation, the whole varaible substitution thing from related modules is very poorly implemented, it’s very incomplete.

That’s why I developed this:

But it’s a total rewrite of the replacement engine…