Is there a list of Quick Wins for customizations?

I am setting up SuiteCRM on my school VM as a class project and I was wondering if there’s a list of recommended “starter” configs or customizations that I could try my hand out while I am learning about how to edit and how to navigate the system.
(note: I didn’t even know what a CRM was until this project, and I only have a few weeks to do everything. So I am still learning even from a User perspective and I do not have much experience with php but I’m learning a lot very quickly!!)

I’m hoping for simple things to get me started (All I have done so far is to get the LAMP stack going, get the CRM install up and running, loaded the sample data, added my school logo to the login screen, created a Contact, and added new User accounts.) It seems very complex to change the colors – but I do know css, so if there are simple color changes possible I would love that!
Anything that can help me both get to know the software and to make the instance more of my own would be so very appreciated!!

Have a look at the studio and the module designer, those tools allow you to add fields to existing modules or change the layout. Module designer allows you to create new modules from scratch, e.g. for things that are not part of Suite but should be for your project (e.g. you may want to create a new Object “Class” that is related to many Contacts as “Students” and another relationship to contacts for the “support teacher”).

Secondly, you can play with Workflows (automizing things in the crm) or, if you’re familiar enough with php, also logic hooks.

1 Like