Is it possible to download document file as a none suitecrm user ?

Hello,

I’m starting to work with SuiteCRM since few weeks, this is very powerfull and interesting !

I’ve used the rest API 4_1 to create leads in relationship with documents successfully, it’s a form completed by a person which is creating/pushing this lead in the CRM,

Also this form is editable by the person while the lead isnt converted,

So i need to make documents file already submitted in this form readable by a link, i was looking to use something like {crm_url}/index.php?entryPoint=download&id=3a7934d7-7a8f-2a98-708f-59e758d5ddea&type=Documents but we can’t access to the file without being login in the CRM,

There is a way to make download documents file without being logged ? :pinch:

Thanks for you help :slight_smile:
Cheers,
B.

I answered a similar question recently

read near the end of that discussion.

1 Like

Hello,

Firstable sorry for didnt see your existing replies that are really close to what i was looking for,

Ok i understand the point that the documents file in the crm are suppose to be securised so we can’t really access to them without be in suitecrm app and logged.

I think in my case the better way is making a specific folder where i could upload file documents outside the crm, people could check what they already uploaded in this way, then i will just need to purge these files when the leads are converted.

Thanks for you help i really appreciate it :slight_smile:
Cheers,
B.

The public directory is meant exactly for that purpose. Maybe your directory can simply be a subdirectory there.

You can also check the AOP Portal. I am not sure but I believe it had a way for clients to update Cases and upload Documents… if so, it would be a much better option for you, because it already includes a lot of development you can use (to manage customer accounts).

1 Like

Thank you,

I’ve read a bit AOP portal informations, in my case this is about a Joomla Website where you complete form which are pushed by the api 4_1,

So if I understand it’s about AOP portal is a bridge for SuiteCRM and Joomla can access stuff into the CRM because Joomla & SuiteCRM are bridged (I guess that the level of access have to be define?)

Thank you,
Cheers,
B.

Yes the Portal uses Joomla. It’s supposed to be exactly what you need: a way to give customers access into the system, different from the actual CRM users. But it is currently very limited. I know the Cases module is quite developed in the Portal, and I think (bitI am not sure) there is something regarding Knowledge Base and Documents modules. You can always extend it, of course.

1 Like