installing suitecrm on xampp / windows 7

Need a little help with setting ownership of suitecrm directory on an xampp install on windows 7.

the post https://suitecrm.com/forum/installation-upgrade-help/5330-nothing-is-displayed-for-install-php was very helpful, however I get an error using sudo - 'sudo is not recognised as an internal or external command …

a google search did not shed any light on what the alternative might be.

Help please!

You should already have the correct permissions running xampp under Windows. Sudo is a program for unix-like Operating Systems.

So I’ve gone ahead with the installation on the basis that I should already have the correct permissions and skipped the step 'Copying SuiteCRM files to web server - numbers 4-5, https://suitecrm.com/wiki/index.php/Installation

I run /suitecrm/install.php up to step 7 Performing a typical installation of SuiteCRM. On the database configuration page I enter the database name of a database I’ve already set up, enter the database user name (with full permissions) that I’ve already set up, the host name (localhost), etc and get the following errors.

[b]Notice: Undefined index: db_port in E:\Websites\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\include\database\MysqliManager.php on line 274

Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user ‘crm1’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES) in E:\Websites\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\include\database\MysqliManager.php on line 282

Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in E:\Websites\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\include\database\MysqliManager.php on line 311

Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in E:\Websites\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\include\database\MysqliManager.php on line 317

Warning: mysqli_real_escape_string() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in E:\Websites\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\include\database\MysqliManager.php on line 257

Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in E:\Websites\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\include\database\MysqliManager.php on line 135

Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in E:\Websites\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\include\database\MysqliManager.php on line 135

Please fix the following errors before proceeding:

The provided database host, username, and/or password is invalid, and a connection to the database could not be established. Please enter a valid host, username and password
Unable to check database version.
  • Required field[/b]

I’ve stopped and restarted xampp after creating the database and user names and prior to running the install.
I’ve tried modifying the \MysqliManager.php file line 282 to contain the database name, user name and pass, host
I haven’t tried modifying line 274 because I have no idea what the db_port might be or where to find it
line 311 - the error may as well be in dutch.

I’ve tried running the installation by adding a database and users that I haven’t defined.

and still get the same errors.

Help getting past this spot would be great thanks.