Installed - but can't see splash screen of SuiteCRM

Hi all!

I’m a noobie - so apologies for coming straight in and asking dumb questions - but we all started somewhere - right?

OK I have a GoDaddy hosted web site. I used cPanel to do an install of SuiteCRM which was available as an install image but installatron. The app seemed successful, I can see the SuiteCRM directory structure and various files. The MySQL database was created and I can connect to that.

I chose a top level directory for the install of “Mydomain.com/CRM” so I am thinking I should be able to browse to that location and see a splash page - nothing. I eventually get a 404 message.

Mydomain.com/CRM/index.php
Mydomain.com/CRM/index.php?module=Administration

Permissions seem fine.

Environment:-
Linux
I’m on SuiteCRM 7.2.2 as that was what was offered.
MySQL 5.5.45
PHP 5.4

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any help…

do you have the correct file permissions set up?

Try running the following commands (if the user that apache runs at is not www-data change it to the appropriate user)

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .
sudo chmod -R 755 .
sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

Also do you have any error messages in the suite log (suitecrm.log) file inside the suite directory or in your server’s apache log file? These might provide more of a clue what’s going wrong

Also what is the value for site_url in your config.php (found in the directory you installed Suite)? Just wanted to make sure it’s set up for the URL you think it is

Thank you for the reply!

I actually resolved this by creating a subdomain within cPanel. As soon as I did that, I tried the subdomain (crm.mydomain.com) and up came the CuiteCRM splash screen. I still can’t get at it with the other url that I thought would work (Mydomain.com/CRM).

Does that make sense to anyone?