Installation problem with version 7.11.1

Hi,
When I try to install suiteCRM 7.11.1 linked to Xampp on windows 10, I get this warnings on the install.php view

Warning: “continue” targeting switch is equivalent to “break”. Did you mean to use “continue 2”? in C:\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\data\SugarBean.php on line 2557

Warning: “continue” targeting switch is equivalent to “break”. Did you mean to use “continue 2”? in C:\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\data\SugarBean.php on line 2571

This alert avoid to continue the installation. No action with tne next button.

Thanks for your help!
Ben

XAMPP always breaks with on-screen warnings.

Just set display_errors to false on your php.ini and restart XAMPP.

Then keep an eye on your logs to see any errors. but most are safe to ignore, if you don’t experience any broken functionality inside the app.

thanks to take time to answer.

but it’s already done…

; display_errors
; Default Value: Off
; Development Value: Off
; Production Value: Off

Still have this message and nothing appears when I press the button “next”:

Warning: “continue” targeting switch is equivalent to “break”. Did you mean to use “continue 2”? in C:\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\data\SugarBean.php on line 2557

Warning: “continue” targeting switch is equivalent to “break”. Did you mean to use “continue 2”? in C:\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\data\SugarBean.php on line 2571

That bit of php.ini you show does not show that it is already done. Lines starting with “;” are comments, they have no effect.

You should have a line below where you actually specify

display_errors = Off

And then restart your web server.

In Admin / Diagnostic / phpinfo you can check your effective value of display_errors, and check your php.ini path in case you’re not sure which one to edit (there are usually more than one on each system)

Awesome! Thank you! Worked like a charm.

Hi pgr,

Fresh installation SuiteCRM 7.11.12 on CentOS 8.1-1911, php 7.3.14, file /var/log/php-fpm/www-error.log contains

[17-Feb-2020 15:19:54 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning: “continue” targeting switch is equivalent to “break”. Did you mean to use “continue 2”? in /var/www/html/suitecrm/jssource/Minifier.php on line 240

display_errors = Off and nothing displayed on screen.

Actually I see no any other errors and test installation seems ok with demo data.

Should I ignore this ?

Generally @obekatli , i wouldn’t worry about an error when you haven’t noticed bother with it. As well with this only being a warn about code which is has wrong syntax its almost impossible for us to keep on top of them and they don’t have any effect.

1 Like

OK got it, ignored so far.

Got this error too !