Installation of SuiteSRM on Windows Azure

Dears,

Is it possible to install / deploy SuiteSRM on Windows Azure cloud. I have created website in Azure and uploaded all files from SuiteCRM (SuiteCRM-7.0.1) folder but now when try to use open http://suitecrm.azurewebsites.net/install.php i gets splash screen then get HTTP 404 Page not found error

Please assist

Regards
Saumya

Hi there Sauyma,

Seems to be working for me. Have you now resolved this?

Thanks,

Will.

Hi,

Just opened in Firefox and its working here (Installation is in progress), but previously i was using IE 9.0, is there any incompatibility issue with IE?

Regards,

Saumya

got below error while installation

Server Error
502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.
There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

[quote=“saumyagarg” post=1218]got below error while installation

Server Error
502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.
There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.[/quote]

Hello saumyagarg,

As I can see by visiting suitecrm.azurewebsites.net you fixed it. Can you please reply what was the problem ?

I suspect that the problem didn’t have to do with SuiteCRM itself but with the (microsoft) hosting server…

I think that Internet Explorer and maybe almost every microsoft product, has a serious incompatibility with standards generally and an even more serious incompatibility with open standards. While the developers of every open source project, try to achieve compatibility with all the existing environments and applications, microsoft seems trying for the opposite in order to make users use only their products. This makes their products problematic in many ways and users should leave them behind sooner or later…

Sorry for the (partially) off topic comments but support forums of many projects are full of requests that finally have to do with a problem with a microsoft product instead of the project itself…

Regards,
G.R.