Installation of suiteCRM... (failure to connect to server)

Hello everyone,

I’m new to all of this web/server hosting, web design, etc… so; any and all help is appreciated

I am trying to install sutieCRM onto my website for my business so I can use CRM to manager my calls/clients, etc…

I had it all worked out til the end when I created an admin username and clicked finish or whatever it was,

It said it couldn’t connect to the server and when I tried to refresh and try again it said the installer has been used already and gave me the following info:

"The installer has already been run once. As a safety measure, it has been disabled from running a second time. If you are absolutely sure you want to run it again, please go to your config.php file and locate (or add) a variable called ‘installer_locked’ and set it to ‘false’. The line should look like this:
‘installer_locked’ => false,

After this change has been made, you may click the “Start” button below to begin your installation. After the installation is complete, you will want to change the value for ‘installer_locked’ to ‘true’.
For installation help, please visit the SuiteCRM support forums."

I cannot locate my config.php file

also, my friend and business associate deleted the date base we created in our host control panel…

PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi,

Say, you have installed SuiteCRM at - public_html/crm/suite - directory.
Then your config file should be at root of suite directory.

Do not worry about database [ I presume it is database without any record]. Installation will create a new database.

Regards,
Alpesh Savaliya

Hi Alpsesh, thanks for your time and help.

We located the configphp file. Not under that direct menu location you mentioned tho, I’m not for sure of the direct location my friend found it under, but I know it was in html public.

However, we tried to change to code line in the configphp to what the error message told us to to be able to, re-install, and it has had no affect.

Also, a couple of questions as my friend and I are confused,

we are hosting suite crm on our website that we are hosting on the servers on ecowebhosting.co.uk

what then would our Database administrator user name and password be?

And, so from what you said previously, I do not have to actually create a database? The installer will do it for me?

Thank you for your time and help, Alpesh.

also, it reads this error message on the bottom of the screen… “Could not connect to the database. Please refer to sugarcrm.log for details.”

Wouldn’t ecowebhosting.co.uk set it up for you?

Many web hosts offer to do that or offer to help in your setup.

ecowebhosting.co.uk advertise sugarcrm setup as a free software, so should easily be able to substitute is with SuiteCRM.

https://www.ecowebhosting.co.uk/?page=features#software

If the installer failed, then it either didn’t have permission for the database or the file locations.

As you say, the SQL username & password are very necessary & are a part of your web hosting details.

Good luck. :slight_smile: