Installation of SuiteCRM 8 RC fails (failed Missing inputs)

Hi I am getting this error when, I try to install the new SuiteCRM 8 RC :

SuiteCRM Silent Install

Running: check-install-lock
step: check-install-lock | status: done
Installer not locked. Proceeding with install
Running: check-db-connection
step: check-db-connection | status: failed
Missing inputs

============

Hello and welcome to the community :partying_face:

Have you set the database user’s password empty ?

Yes db password is empty.

Hi @Hamza,

Like @maxonss said, welcome to the community. And thanks for trying out SuiteCRM 8 RC.

At the moment SuiteCRM 8 install process expects the database password to be filled, its a required field. As of now, there is no way to override this.

I’m going to raise this internally to understand if this having a blank db password is something we would like to support.

Thanks for your input.

@maxonss thanks stepping in and helping.

1 Like

Thanks, I did try this by setting the password in config.inc.php , and got this error now:

Capture

Hi @Hamza,

Thanks for the feedback.

The SuiteCRM install process, before executing the actual install, does some checks.

One of those checks is to see if SuiteCRM is able to access the db using the credentials provided.

The error you are seeing is exactly that. SuiteCRM is not able to connect to the database on localhost using user root and the password you provided.

Could you try 127.0.0.1, instead of localhost, please? with localhost it symfony / doctrine tries to use the socket connection by default, and will fail if not setup.

1 Like

@clemente.raposo Thanks man,

I just have to run this sql query in phpmyadmin to set password:

SET PASSWORD FOR ‘root’@‘localhost’ = PASSWORD(‘your_root_password’);

I was setting it through config.inc.php!

Done <3

Hi @Hamza,

Great, I’m glad to know you were able to get it working.

Hi @Hamza,

Please avoid cross-posting. An update has been posted on your main post - Installing on ubuntu getting stucked on yarn build - #9 by Mac-Rae

Much Appreciated :+1:

Sorry for that, okay sure.Thanks

1 Like