Installation Fail

Hi
I am trying a fresh installation of suiteCRM 7.0.2. After extracting when i point to my localhost/suiteCRM it says “localhost/suiteCRM/install.php” webpage not available.
I have checked the file do exists.
Please Help.

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

The directory is named “SuiteCRM” not “suiteCRM”. Have you tried this?

Thanks,

Will.

Thnaks for the reply.
No i havn’t tried that but i extracted the files in www/suiteCRM folder will that not work? do the directory have to be SuiteCRM

I am using wampserver environment in windows 7

caps are not specific when running on windows environment so that should not matter.

Check the following

wampmanager -> apache -> apache modules -> php5_module

This should be ticked.

In php.ini look for this line

engine = On

the parameter should be On not Off

also make sure the following

Edit php.ini

Look for short_open_tag =

You can change this to On if it is not already to make sure PHP will understand the <? ?> format for php tags.

Thanks CRoBINSON for the reply.
Yes everything is in place but still it says file not found.
Have tried every possible way.
Also when i try to install it on sever the following error occurs as the file attached.
And the other attachment is for when i try to install it in local host

This is on Two different systems? or are they one and the same and you are using a Domain name in one and localhost in the other? Assuming they are separate I ask the following… However… lets focus on one… get it solved then the other… You pick your priority.

Is the server a hosted server (someone else is running it) or do you own/control it? (more questions to follow)

On the local machine
Is WAMP running? All services started? Apache/MySQL
Are the Appropriate ports open in the windows Firewall for the WAMP install?
You might want to look over these forums & WAMP forums as well. I know someone else was trying to run on WAMP and having issues in these forums. It’s not my favorite Apache/MySQL/PHP solution for Windows. It is always a pain to configure/setup and use when I try it.

Windows Based Test installs are all with XAMPP but even that takes some tweaking too. I just am more familiar with its layout and where config files are.

The posting was from the same system however if i try from different system i get the same error.
Yes it is a hosted server. Also if when i tried working on some other hosting server i have it worked there.

For Local machine:
Yes, all the services seems to run fine. I am using wamp server past 2 years and had done many projects but this is the first time i am having this kind of difficulty. I had worked on wordpress, osclass, magento, yii framework etc… everything turned to be smoothly installed and running.
I have read the forums too but there s nothing like this problem. Maybe its a very tiny thing that i am missing.