Install Issue - 7.1 - Can't Create New Items - Some Weird Display Result Happens

Hello - I installed SuiteCRM on my dedicated domain hosted on a shared server of my web host. I used Softaculous to install. When I log in and try to create either a User or Employee and I believe I tried Account as well, I get this type of response:

{* /** * * SugarCRM Community Edition is a customer relationship management program developed by * SugarCRM, Inc. Copyright © 2004-2013 SugarCRM Inc. * * SuiteCRM is an extension to SugarCRM Community Edition developed by SalesAgility Ltd. * Copyright © 2011 - 2018 SalesAgility Ltd. * * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under * the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License version 3 as published by the * Free Software Foundation with the addition of the following permission added * to Section 15 as permitted in Section 7(a): FOR ANY PART OF THE COVERED WORK * IN WHICH THE COPYRIGHT IS OWNED BY SUGARCRM, SUGARCRM DISCLAIMS THE WARRANTY * OF NON INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. * * This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT * ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS * FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more * details. * * You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with * this program; if not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses or write to the Free * Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA * 02110-1301 USA. * * You can contact SugarCRM, Inc. headquarters at 10050 North Wolfe Road, * SW2-130, Cupertino, CA 95014, USA. or at email address contact@sugarcrm.com. * * The interactive user interfaces in modified source and object code versions * of this program must display Appropriate Legal Notices, as required under * Section 5 of the GNU Affero General Public License version 3. * * In accordance with Section 7(b) of the GNU Affero General Public License version 3, * these Appropriate Legal Notices must retain the display of the “Powered by * SugarCRM” logo and “Supercharged by SuiteCRM” logo. If the display of the logos is not * reasonably feasible for technical reasons, the Appropriate Legal Notices must * display the words “Powered by SugarCRM” and “Supercharged by SuiteCRM”. */ *}

The above is an example from the Create New User action, but similar results happen when trying Create New Employee and Create New Account - Im assuming Create anything probably.

HELP :slight_smile: How do I fix this?

Hi and welcome :slight_smile:
could you maybe add some screenshots? I’m unsure what you’re issue is exactly.
From what I’ve understood (or guessed :wink: ) it could be a permission issue - did you check the file ownerships (chmod/chown)?

Edit: are you trying to install Suite 7.1? Is there a specific reason to choose a version that outdated?

Apologies the version is: Version 7.11.15

Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)

For instance - this is the result I get when I try to CREATE NEW EMPLOYEE. Same type of thing happens with CREATE NEW USER and CREATE NEW ACCOUNT… these are the only ones ive tried so far.

And I installed it via Softaculous - so I haven’t done anything other than the install through it.

Oh very sorry I think i posted as new comments when I should have done so as replies. Please see the rest of the thread.