Inline editing a person's name is not working in list-view

Using version 7.11.20 on Windows 2019 IIS
PHP 7.3.10

The textfield opens in editing mode, but clicking the V-marker to save does not save anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

@Pieter

1. check messages in browser
  2. look at the file suitecrm.log

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

No lines in suitecrm.log.

I do get the follow JavaScript error:

sugar_grp1_jquery.js?v=_m35gWadxOScOEHJFjq-hw:2 [Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user’s experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.

Finally, I also get the following PHP errors (does not seem to be related though)

[26-Jul-2021 14:49:32 Europe/Brussels] PHP Notice: Undefined index: allowed_preview in XXX\modules\Documents\Document.php on line 281
[26-Jul-2021 14:49:32 Europe/Brussels] PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in XXX\modules\Documents\Document.php on line 281
[26-Jul-2021 12:51:00 UTC] PHP Warning: Module ‘mysqli’ already loaded in Unknown on line 0
[26-Jul-2021 12:51:01 UTC] PHP Warning: Module ‘mysqli’ already loaded in Unknown on line 0

@Pieter

Try to clear cache of browser.

I cleared the browser cache… Problem still shows…

If this only happens with Name field, my guess is that it’s a bug (or rather, an incomplete feature set) because that is a special field made up of two others (First name, last name).

You can try it on the online demo, I bet it is the same there…

1 Like

exactly! signed up for the demo… same problem over there… many thanks for your suggestions… too bad it’s a bug… rather annoying… it also shows on the emplyees-list page… and probably on all other fields where you have concatenated texts…

Yes. There are other problems with these concatenated fields - sorting doesn’t work well either