incomplete installation and cases module not working

Currently running and developing on Ubuntu 12.04 with mysql 5.5.35. It defaults to InnoDB and runs through the entire suite installation process without issue.

hi guys!
i checked earlier, all tables are running on MyISAM as all our databases.

Iā€™m not sure if I get to try the local install and move today but I will report as soon as possible.

Thanks for your help so far!

much appreciated

Hi Andy,

Good to see you on the forum, I am enjoying your work. B)

For what it is worth, I have run the installers of 7.01 and 7.02 on most things windows, but not *nix.
Windows 7 + Xampp, Windows Server + IIS, Windows Server (64 bit) + Apache + PHP + MySQL individually installed.
MySQL version is 5.6 in each case.

In each case, changing the default storage engine from InnoDB to MyISAM resolved a repeatable install failure.

Cheers

Bruce

Thanks techeccentric,

I see your pretty active on the forums :wink:

Not much of it is my personal work, More Matt and Will. Iv never really had any installation issues myself with either InnoDB or MyISAM. Although I hardly ever install it on Windows apart from in Wamp on my home windows 7 pc. It must be some sort of server config issue thats not playing nice with suite thats causing the SecurityGroups table not to be installed which is causing Selenisā€™s issues.

hi all,

ok so it installed on my Ubuntu 13.10 workstation
I got to the finishing steps of the installation
It seems all is working except inbound email.
At installation it already complained that imap module was missing but It is installed, I even did another apt-get php5-imap to make sure.

But I believe it should work once I moved all to the server, since inbound email worked fine on the suitecrm installation there.

Cases module seems to work!

Oddly enough i got exact the same securitygroup error masseges in sugarcrm.log as with the installation on RHEL 5 on the server.

My question is, this manual of sugarcrm for moving the CRM would not work for the newest mysqldump version.
http://support.sugarcrm.com/04_Find_Answers/02KB/02Administration/100Migration/Moving_Sugar_to_Another_Server/

Can I just do a quick database dump from phpMyAdmin on my local system and import on target system or do I need specific settings for this to work?

BTW, here one example of the error massege in the local installation:

Wed Mar 26 15:50:14 2014 [1700][-none-][FATAL] Query Failed: select securitygroups_default.id, securitygroups.name, securitygroups_default.module, securitygroups_default.securitygroup_id from securitygroups_default inner join securitygroups on securitygroups_default.securitygroup_id = securitygroups.id where securitygroups_default.deleted = 0 and securitygroups.deleted = 0: MySQL error 1146: Table ā€˜alice.securitygroups_defaultā€™ doesnā€™t exist
Wed Mar 26 15:50:14 2014 [1700][-none-][FATAL] Query Failed: select securitygroups_default.id, securitygroups.name, securitygroups_default.module, securitygroups_default.securitygroup_id from securitygroups_default inner join securitygroups on securitygroups_default.securitygroup_id = securitygroups.id where securitygroups_default.deleted = 0 and securitygroups.deleted = 0: MySQL error 1146: Table ā€˜alice.securitygroups_defaultā€™ doesnā€™t exist

Dump the database and import it into a database on your live server. Then copy over files and edit the config.php to match the details of your sever :

'db_host_name' => '',
'db_host_instance' => '',
'db_user_name' => '',
'db_password' => '',
'db_name' => '',
'db_type' => 'mysql',
'db_port' => '',
'db_manager' => 'MysqliManager',

Then login, do a rebuild realtionships, repair and rebuild and repair roles.

Job done

Hi Selenis,

In addition to Andyā€™s advice, the SecuritySuite errors are due to the module being included as part of the initial installation process. Security Suite is designed to be an addon, not as a standard module so the module will look for particular things in the installation which havenā€™t yet been instantiated/created, hence the fatal errors.

Thanks,

Will.

no luck after the move :frowning:

cases module still does not show anything on the server.
even though the same installation worked on my Ubuntu workstation.

no error entries in sugarcrm.log either.

any ideas what to check? :-/

Do you have php errors turned on, on your server in the php.ini file?

error_reporting = E_ERROR
display_errors = On
log_errors = Off
log_errors_max_len = 1024
ignore_repeated_errors = Off
ignore_repeated_source = Off
report_memleaks = On
track_errors = Off

all other variables in error handling are not set

mainly production systems are running on the server but all are designated for internal use

hmmm dont know what else to try.

ah well :unsure:

itā€™s really a shame

but thanks for your assistance anyway! :slight_smile:

You could try upgrading from PHP 5.2.6 to 5.3

unfortunately thatā€™s one option I canā€™t attempt without alot of work

all of our production systems on that server have been written on PPHP 5.2.6

our php developers might lynch me :wink:

Hi Selenis,

Upgrading to PHP 5.3 is the recommended solution. Is it an option to host on a different server?

Thanks,

Will.

Yeah I spoke to our technical lead, and he thinks that might be the reason.

Hi,

Iā€™m out of luck it seems :frowning:

the server with the newest PHP version to my disposal runs 5.2.12

Before I took over administration patch management was no topic in my company.

Updating PHP is on my agenda but not without some serious testing and certainly not within the next months.

You could fire up your own virtual server on Amazon Web Services or equivalent and you will have total control.

I do have total controll over our Servers.
The CRM needs to be integrated into our existing customer database and booking environment.

Hi all,

I have installed an instance of SugarCRM CE 6.5.16 on a server running PHP 5.3 and after upgrading to SuiteCRM, all modules appear to work without issue.

Thanks for the help with this.