Inbound email setting

Goodmorning everyone
I’ve been working in SuiteCrm for not long and there are still several things I don’t understand.

In particular, the management of “inbound email”.

I set up a “bounce handling” profile (the “test setting gave a positive result) and I would expect, with the execution of the” Process Workflow Tasks “, to find the messages received in the” emails "(to then find any non-deliveries in the campaigns after running the “Run Nightly Process Bounced Campaign Emails”). It is actually always empty.

What am I doing wrong?

Hey there,

So, in Admin->Inbound Email, there are two types of accounts you can make:

Typically, I believe, the “Group Mail Account” type is the one you’d use to pull emails into the CRM
(and thus into the “Emails” module)

(This is also used for the Cases functionality)

These can be set up either here, in Admin->Inbound Email
Or per user, on their User Profile -> Email Settings -> Settings -> Mail Accounts

The “Bounce Handling” account type is usually used to manage bounced Emails for sent Campaigns
I’m not sure if it has other capabilities, but I’ve only needed it for this reason

You can read more on Inbound Email, here: https://docs.suitecrm.com/admin/administration-panel/email/#_inbound_email

So, long story short;
Would you be able to try creating a Group Mail Inbound Account, and see if you’re able to get Emails to pull in?

If not, I would check a few things:

• Ensure Cron is Running
  • Ensure that your IMAP settings are suitable for your Mail Provider, ie: Gmail would be:
  • Ensure that the “Check Inbound Mailboxes” scheduled job is running

(As the"Process Workflow Tasks" job runs the items set up in the “Workflow” module)

Hopefully the above clarified some things, Please let me know if you need more info or have any issues! :slight_smile:

Please watch this video. Maybe it is helpful for you.

thanks for suggestions !