Inbound Email Disabled

Finally got access to my email section of my Campaigns by fixing my permissions issues. Only to find I need inbound emails set up. When I g I receive the following error.

'Warnings: Inbound Email cannot function without the IMAP c-client libraries enabled/compiled with the PHP module. Please contact your administrator to resolve this issue."

I am the admin and I have no freaking clue aye. Anyone got any hints tips or solutions they want to share on this one?

That’s a PHP module you need to install/enable.

When installing on Ubuntu PHP 7.0 these are all the modules I use:

apt install zip unzip iotop htop php-mbstring php7.0-mbstring php-gettext php-xml-parser php7.0-zip php7.0-imap php7.0-gd php7.0-curl phpmyadmin 

And for PHP 7.2:

apt install zip unzip iotop htop php-mbstring php7.2-mbstring php-gettext php-xml php7.2-zip php7.2-imap php7.2-gd php7.2-curl php-gd phpmyadmin 

The IMAP module is in the middle of that list as you can see.

1 Like

I am using CWPpro on my dedicated server and I installed SuiteCRM using softaculous and base OS is Centos 7 and PHP version 7.2.12.

How I can fix this error “Inbound Email cannot function without the IMAP c-client libraries enabled/compiled with the PHP module. Please contact your administrator to resolve this issue.”

Look at options that CWPpro Control Panel gives you to enable PHP modules, maybe it’s just a checkbox you need to tick.

Or it might let you edit your php.ini, and you can do it from there.

But you’re better off asking these questions in CWPpro Forums, this is not a SuiteCRM issue, it’s a web server issue.

I got the following response from CWPpro support team

“you need to install php again with imap option selected”

Kindly let me know how to do it.

I have no idea how to do that, that is still an issue for the CWPpro support team, or for their Forums, if they have one.

I don’t find their answer very reasonable, though - enabling a PHP module does not normally require a PHP reinstallation. But maybe what they call “reinstall PHP” is a simple task, from their Control Panel? I don’t know, I never used it.

Bear in mind that there might be other PHP modules you need. Normally in Ubuntu (with PHP 7.2) I install these:

php-mbstring php7.2-mbstring php-gettext php-xml php7.2-zip php7.2-imap php7.2-gd php7.2-curl php-gd

But I don’t know what these names look like in their Panel. You’ll have to try, and ask them in case you run into problems. Good luck.

Dear Admin,

The following is the output of PHP modules which are pre-installed in CWPpro system.

[root@srv ~]# php -m
[PHP Modules]
bcmath bz2 calendar Core ctype curl date dom exif fileinfo filter ftp gd gettext gmp hash iconv intl json libxml mbstring mysqli mysqlnd openssl pcntl pcre PDO pdo_mysql pdo_sqlite Phar posix pspell recode Reflection session SimpleXML soap sockets SPL sqlite3 standard sysvmsg sysvsem sysvshm tidy tokenizer wddx xml xmlreader xmlrpc xmlwriter xsl zip zlib

[Zend Modules]

[root@srv ~]#

and current PHP version is “PHP version: 7.2.12”

More modules installation will solve the problem or do I need to re-install PHP.

Regards,

PHP modules is not an exact science :slight_smile:

The modules change to slightly different names in different Operating systems and PHP versions.

So the best strategy is just to try it out and see if the software complains some piece is missing. But I am assuming that this is a simple setting to play with, until you get things right, it shouldn’t require any complicated reinstallations.

So, I’m sorry, but I can’t give you a more precise answer regarding a system that I am not familiar with. You’ll have to try, and discuss it with the CWPpro support team.

Dear Administrator,

CWPpro support recompiled PHP with imap option and now error is removed.

"
[root@srv ~]# php -m
[PHP Modules]
bcmath bz2 calendar Core ctype curl date dom exif fileinfo filter ftp gd gettext gmp hash iconv imap intl json libxml mbstring mysqli mysqlnd openssl pcntl pcre PDO pdo_mysql pdo_sqlite Phar posix pspell Reflection session SimpleXML soap sockets SPL sqlite3 standard sysvmsg sysvsem sysvshm tidy tokenizer wddx xml xmlreader xmlrpc xmlwriter xsl zip zlib
[Zend Modules]

[root@srv ~]#
"

Thanks for your support.

Now let me know, can I use suite CRM as a regular email client like a Thunderbird or outlook?

And can I associate any email with a specific client? Means all email of a specific customer (for example customer01) show under that email.

Regards,

Yes, it can be used as an email client. And yes, you can link emails to any records in SuiteCRM.

But please be warned that

• it’s not a full-featured email client, it’s a simple client

• there are a few bugs in it. The upcoming Release is primarily focused on addressing Email bugs, so make sure you update when it comes out. But your best option is to test if the functionalities you need are working to your satisfaction before jumping in.

Thanks for replying.

I will test email function.