Inbound Email - Case Creation

HI,

So I setup a inbound email with:

• Create Case from Email: Yes
  • Distribution Method: Use AOP Default
  • New Case Auto-Reply Template: Case Creation

When it processes the emails it creates the case but fails to create a contact associated with with.
Also, on the Auto-Reply it doesn’t fill the variables and they stay in the email like on the template:

This is the email that I receive as a response:

Hi $contact_first_name $contact_last_name,

We've received your case $acase_name (# $acase_case_number) on $acase_date_entered

Status	$acase_status
Reference	$acase_case_number
Description	$acase_description

So why is the system not creating and linking a contact?
And why is the email not populated with the values of the variables, instead of showing the variables name?

All of this was made with the latest stable version of suitecrm on a clean install.

Thanks

I’m experiencing the same issue.

Your contact already has to exist in the CRM. It is not functionality of AOP/SuiteCRM to automatically create a contact if a random contact emails in to your support address.

The contact/account need to exist, to then allow someone to email in, and for them to be related to the case/receive case emails.

I am having the same issue.

I create a contact and account with the information I will be sending the support request from. When I get the email back, I get the same email showing the variables not the info. The subject grabs the variable info though.

I am on 7.3.1 and I did a bitnami install on Azure.

I apologize ahead of time if this has been resolved but I cannot find any resolutions on the net or in this forum.

Subject: Re: [CASE:132] Test 4

Body of email:

Hi $contact_first_name $contact_last_name,

We’ve received your $acase_name (# $acase_case_number) on $acase_date_entered
Status $acase_status
Reference $acase_case_number
Description $acase_description

On 10/01/2015, 06:50pm, ************** wrote:
Here is test 4

hello,

I am currently working on the auto import inbound email account, I’ve done all the setup correctly but still the case are not automatically created and the email account appear grey and italic and no email messages are seen though if I login to this account say with my phone the emails are there and are marked unread.

Have you setup the Advanced OpenPortal Settings?

I have searched the internet and your forums about this issue. A lot of people are reporting it but no one has stated a resolution, that I can find. Is it possible for you guys to comment on this issue please? Thank you ahead of time.

Did anyone get the solution?

Regards,
Ashish

Regards,

Not that I know of, no…

I believe this would guide you in Automatic Case Creation on Windows OS (Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10 etc)

a. Goto php.in, search and enable “extension=php_imap.dll”. If you are using the PHP installed with XAMPP using default setting, this file would be in the C:\XAMPP\PHP. Remember to Stop and Restart Apache … or just restart your system

Once this is completed, the “Inbound Email Settings” would be enabled.

b. Configure Inbound Email from Admin section

OTHER CONFIGS:

c. Setup Windows Task Scheduler to execute cron.php. Depending on where your SuiteCRM and PHP folders/installations are, put the following in a batch file and use Windows Task Scheduler to execute it… say every 5mins:
<copy and paste this in notepad and save as .bat. otherwise, just execute straight in command prompt>

cd C:\xampp\htdocs\SuiteCRM
C:\xampp\php\php.exe -f cron.php