Improved Meeting Requests

Hi,

When we schedule meetings using Sugar we never let Sugar send out an invite. Instead we send out a request via outlook. It would be great if Sugar Meeting Requests could be send out with a custom text instead of the description and, even more important, including an ICS file or something that allows people to add the invite to their calendar.

A really nice bonus would be if you can see somewhere who accepted and who declined but probably that is much more difficult to implement.

I would even attempt to implement this myself but unfortunately I’m not familiar enough with the internal architecture of sugar. If someone could point me in the right direction I’m more than happy to share any results.

Thanks,
-Till

Hi Till,

This modification is possible but requires code changes. In terms of accepted/declined statuses, do you mean show these in Outlook for example? Currently, SuiteCRM shows in the subpanel for the meeting which invitees have accepted/declined.

Thanks,

Will.

Hi Will,

I like the sub-panel and that it is visible for everybody and not just the organizer. I don’t like invitations that are sent our to our customers. I would much more prefer an invitation that looks like an outlook meeting request. Right now people are getting an e-mail with a decline and accept link. The thing I like about traditional meeting requests is that they show up in your calendar right away.

I would also like to have two descriptions for a meeting: a public one and a private one for employees only.

Thanks,
Till