Imported Email Database size

I’ve been experimenting with group emails, and importing email from Gmail/Google Suite (Corporate), and I’m having some performance issues, and concerns…

We have several members of our team, and will have (seemingly) a fair amount of email coming in.

I love the idea that emails will be attached to the contact record etc…, but it seems that the system is importing ‘all’ emails coming into that Gmail box, seemingly adding a lot of weight to the database.

Is there some way to prune emails that are ‘not’ attached to any record from the Dbase on a regular basis??

I’m thinking these database tables are going to get HUGE, very quickly…has anyone dealt with this, and/or have a suggestions about how to manage most effectively?
I’m concerned about running backups, how long the compression operation may take (ie. potentially timing out), etc…??

ALSO - I’m not able to ‘delete’ emails from IMAP from the built in Email Client. When I try to delete from IMAP, the app hangs, and the entire system becomes unusable, and I have to restart the server to recover.

Any thoughts or help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks all!!

actually the inbound emails are NOT saved to the database - unless the user hits ’ Import’ for that email. (This is a change since a few versions ago, I guess)?.

Quoting the docs: " Personal Accounts – A personal account is used to view and send email from a personal email account within the Emails module. This account can be an internal or an external email account. Emails from personal accounts are not stored in SuiteCRM unless manually imported."

So currently, the emails are not in the databases and hence do not show in History panels etc.

PS - for those wanting the opposite to you - it IS possible to force all emails to be imported into the databases - as admin users can set "Import Emails Automatically "