Import contact list from excel into CRM

I have a contact list that is in excel that has the name, address, phone, and email and I would like to import it into CRM. Is there a way I can do this without having to manually do so?
Thank you.

From within SuiteCRM just navigate to the Contacts module and in the submenu click on the Import Contacts option and follow the instructions.

You will have to open your file which contains your list and map your fields with the CRM fields.

Before starting it is advisable that you understand the fields that are available and if you need to create new fields in order to map some information that you have. It is very helpful to click on “Download import file template” at the top of the first screen of the Import procedure.

Furthermore: SuiteCRM imports data from csv files (not excel) so, before you start the import process yo have to open your excel file and save it as csv format.

You also have to make sure that information such as Name and Surname are in two different columns and that fields that should match to dropdown lists contain valid values etc…

1 Like

Hi, I saw your response about importing .csv (contacts) file into suiteCRM

We recently installed the latest version of suite CRM software and I am now trying to upload our contacts.

I followed the instructions. That is to say I downloaded the file format from suite. When I try and upload it I get the following message

Close
Import errors:
NOTICE: [8] Accessing static property ImportFieldSanitize::$createdBeans as non static on line 143 in file /var/www/html/modules/Import/Importer.php

I am a newbe to the more technical side of computers but I get that the problem is likely to be related to comma-seperated values. What is the best way to fix this issue?

Many thanks

Turn off errors and warnings in php.ini. You can do so by adding the following lines to your php.ini file

display_errors = Off

Also comment out error_reporting by doing the following ( Adding semi colon before the line )

;error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT

Hi there,
You may import data from CSV or Excel to SuiteCRM (no need to convert it to CSV) automatically using Data2CRM service.