Implement Changes to Cases Module

Hi,
In case module -

if we go on detail view of any record there we can see
“Case Updates threaded”

task 1 - in this, we can not edit or delete once we write anything. so we want edit and delete option for Case Updates Threaded comments.

task 2 - in this we marked anything internal and later on if we want to convert it in external, we cant. so we need an option to convert internal to external and external to internal

Task 3 - we need an option to send screenshot and attachment this feature we need in both description and update for attachment.

both description and update for attachment

Please help

1 Like

Hi @jyotip,

I don’t know how you’d be able to achieve this for anything other than the blue internal updates. As soon as you send a case update an email will be sent, and there’s no way to update that email.

Secondly converting internal to an external wound again cause issues, it’s a completely different system, if you were to write an internal update, and then send a few messages to the customer, then change an internal update to external, all you could do is push and email, at the end of the chain, and therefore break the order in which updates exist to the client. Fliping that around and making a non-internal update and internal would also cause problems, as that email has already been sent and it is improbable to try and retract it.

The third line could be done, however, so there’s one plus. How, I’m not sure, but I’m sure the community can recommend something.

The only viable solution I could see, overall;
Reworking the case system to not use emails at all and only rely on the Joomla plugin, solely using this as the case portal, which due to it being all database and no email chains I guess could be modified to allow for this system. You would require a decent chunk of work, however, and a lot of rewriting or code customizations of the existing system.

Are you planning on taking this on yourself?

1 Like

This is an interesting topic! Thanks @jyotip
I’d also like to see an option to send screenshot and attachments within the description and update texts

Is there anyone else that figured this out?

1 Like

Hello All,
for below task -
task 1 - in this, we can not edit or delete once we write anything. so we want edit and delete option for Case Updates Threaded comments.

I am writing my custom code in AOP_Case_Updates module but the code is working in the default module but not when I moved it to the custom/module code is not working.

Kindly assist with the same

Thanks