iCal how do i use it?

Hi. I’m being a bit thick…

Not played with iCal before trying to get users calendar appointments onto their iphones. Do I need to enable a particular port through the firewall. so that external devices iphones etc… can connect to it, not really sure how it works.

Trying to hunt down a basic ical guide for suite

Can you only synchronise to local users. The Admin user appears to work when i try to synchronise to iCal

But all the other users are ldap connected users. When I try putting in their password it doesn’t work…

will try again setting someones password within the ical section to the same as their ldap password to see if that works. But then it doesn’t seem very secure. but hey if it works…

Noooo

OK So i created a local user on my suitecrm and ical connected fine to ical on a mac…

I can also connect the built in admin account fine…

BUT I cannot connect to any of our other existing users who are all LDAP Users?

HELP?? Do I need a different format for ldap usernames?

I saw this thread https://suitecrm.com/forum/suitecrm-outlook-plugin/1122-suitecrm-outlook-plug-in-beta?start=75

and it mentioned about a tick in advanced ldap login only.

I removed this and tried again… Still the same if i use a local user, it works ldap don’t even without the tick in use ldap authentication only for a user.

If you pick a local user and just copy their publish at this location into a new browser screen it pops up information… If you do this for any of the ldap users it just asks for a username and password…

I’ve tried their username and password. The password that is their ldap one and the password that is their local one and the local admin username and password.

I’ve just tried changing the local password to being different from the ldap password, and it will not allow me to login with the local password.

HAHA ok…

So i’ve now persuaded the local password to work for logging in. You really do need to put the password in save it.

Then enable ldap only again.
then save
then untick put password in a second time…
Hey presto
you can then login with the local password and the ldap password. But it still doesn’t work for ical you still get prompted for a password and it’s not the ical password / local password / ldap password with the username. Unless the username needs to be in some different format.

Just tried this with another ldap user on our system and it worked perfectly i could subscribe to it first time no problems at all…

Just doesn’t want to work for my user… Heck if that’s it then that’s fine don’t care if i can’t synchronise my calendar as long as the end users work :slight_smile: