I upgrade my SuiteCRM from 7.12.9 to 8.2.2

Hello Everyone,

I tried to upgrade my SuiteCRM to 8 and this is what happened to my SuiteCRM.

I decided to install a fresh version of SuiteCRM 8, but I only got a blank page, and it won`t redirect to the installation page.

Server Instance:
PHP: 7.4
MySql: 5.7.33
Apache: 2.4.46
Node JS: 16.19.0
Angular CLI: 15.1.4
yarn: 3.4.1

Some people on this forum have reported that if you go to your profile after upgrade and just save it the issue gets fixed

It is something related to the theme

@abuzarfaris , already done this, some of the layout is broken. The Dashboard, Profile, Administrator, and Many More. Also I always got this error - “Unexpected Error when calling Action” and a bunch of Uncaught ReferenceError.

My Error Logs:

That is not the logs you should be checking, see this.

And re-check ownerships and permissions.

Hi @pgr , already done those things. I`ve tried to install fresh SuiteCRM 8.2.2 and 8.2.3, but still no luck. I used the sugar php74es70 and php80es716 vagrant instances. But I cannot migrate successfully and install fresh.

Tried Both Setup
Setup1:
PHP: 7.4/8.0
MySql: 5.7.33
Apache: 2.4.46
Node JS: 16.19.0
Angular CLI: 15.1.4
yarn: 3.4.1

Setup 2:
Yarn v1.22.19
Nodejs 14.21.2
Angular CLI: 12.2.18
PHP 7.4/8.0
MySQL v14.14 Distrib 5.7.33
Apache 2.4.46

Fresh Installation Errors

[2023-02-06 08:39:46] php.INFO: User Deprecated: Since symfony/framework-bundle 5.1: Using type "Symfony\Component\Routing\RouteCollectionBuilder" for argument 1 of method "App\Kernel:configureRoutes()" is deprecated, use "Symfony\Component\Routing\Loader\Configurator\RoutingConfigurator" instead. {"exception":"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): User Deprecated: Since symfony/framework-bundle 5.1: Using type \"Symfony\\Component\\Routing\\RouteCollectionBuilder\" for argument 1 of method \"App\\Kernel:configureRoutes()\" is deprecated, use \"Symfony\\Component\\Routing\\Loader\\Configurator\\RoutingConfigurator\" instead. at /vagrant/Suite8/vendor/symfony/framework-bundle/Kernel/MicroKernelTrait.php:188)"} []
[2023-02-06 08:39:46] php.INFO: User Deprecated: Since symfony/routing 5.1: The "Symfony\Component\Routing\RouteCollectionBuilder" class is deprecated, use "Symfony\Component\Routing\Loader\Configurator\RoutingConfigurator" instead. {"exception":"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): User Deprecated: Since symfony/routing 5.1: The \"Symfony\\Component\\Routing\\RouteCollectionBuilder\" class is deprecated, use \"Symfony\\Component\\Routing\\Loader\\Configurator\\RoutingConfigurator\" instead. at /vagrant/Suite8/vendor/symfony/routing/RouteCollectionBuilder.php:19)"} []
[2023-02-06 08:39:47] php.INFO: User Deprecated: Since symfony/framework-bundle 5.1: Using type "Symfony\Component\Routing\RouteCollectionBuilder" for argument 1 of method "App\Kernel:configureRoutes()" is deprecated, use "Symfony\Component\Routing\Loader\Configurator\RoutingConfigurator" instead. {"exception":"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): User Deprecated: Since symfony/framework-bundle 5.1: Using type \"Symfony\\Component\\Routing\\RouteCollectionBuilder\" for argument 1 of method \"App\\Kernel:configureRoutes()\" is deprecated, use \"Symfony\\Component\\Routing\\Loader\\Configurator\\RoutingConfigurator\" instead. at /vagrant/Suite8/vendor/symfony/framework-bundle/Kernel/MicroKernelTrait.php:188)"} []
[2023-02-06 08:39:47] php.INFO: User Deprecated: Since symfony/routing 5.1: The "Symfony\Component\Routing\RouteCollectionBuilder" class is deprecated, use "Symfony\Component\Routing\Loader\Configurator\RoutingConfigurator" instead. {"exception":"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): User Deprecated: Since symfony/routing 5.1: The \"Symfony\\Component\\Routing\\RouteCollectionBuilder\" class is deprecated, use \"Symfony\\Component\\Routing\\Loader\\Configurator\\RoutingConfigurator\" instead. at /vagrant/Suite8/vendor/symfony/routing/RouteCollectionBuilder.php:19)"} []

No Error Message

Upload File Size Error even though I already configured my php.ini

During Upgrade/Migrate

If I ever successfully migrate SuiteCRM, I will have layout issues on the dashboard, profile, admin panel, etc.

If anyone would like to install a fresh SuiteCRM 8, I was able to install a fresh SuiteCRM and migrate SuiteCRM 7.12.8 to SuiteCRM 8.2.2 by updating post_upload_max_filesize in php.ini. (this fix if you encounter Upload File Size Error)

Take note that we have several php.ini files; just run this command below.

grep -inr upload_max_filesize /etc/

Sample Result:

Server Information:
Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS
Yarn v1.22.19
Nodejs 14.21.2
Angular CLI: 12.2.18
PHP 7.4
MySQL v14.14 Distrib 5.7.33
Apache 2.4.46

But still no luck in php 8.0