How to upgrade 7.12 to 7.14? - Php versions

Hi there,

i currently have a 7.12 installation.
When i want to upgrade (via wizard) to 7.14 - after uploading the SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.12.x-to-7.14.2.zip File i get the error:
“The uploaded file is not compatible with this version of PHP: PHP Version: 7.3.33-14+ubuntu20.04.1+deb.sury.org+1”

So looking at the compability matrix I installed php 8 and enabled it - but with that activated i cant access suitecrm via browser anymore to even try the upgrade again.

So my question is: how to best upgrade from 7.12 to 7.14? The old version doesnt install the upgrade package when php 7 is activated - because of the old php version.
And the installation/upgrade wizar can’t be accessed when a new php version is activated.

Backups of dp and files are already created

Try doing the upgrade with PHP 7.4, even if that forces you to do it in two steps, from 7.12 to 7,13, then from 7.13 to 7.14

I’ve also seen some edge cases where this procedure solves it:

• run the upgrade with the older PHP version that only matches the old SuiteCRM, even if it doesn’t match the new one
  • as soon as the upgrade ends successfully, switch to higher PHP, matching the new SuiteCRM version
  • now run the Quick Repair and Rebuild and go on using SuiteCRM
1 Like

Thx a lot - that hint made me find my error.

php-sqlite3 and pgsql were installed but for some reason php-mysql was missing.
So simply a) installing php7.4 incl. php7.4-mysql and b) disabling 7.3+enabling 7.4 made the upgrade work (from 7.12 to 7.14.2 ).

Next step for me will then be using 7.14 ESR and waiting for a “stable” SuiteCRM 8 - either when upgrade works with suitecrm wizard or a ESR version is in sight.

Thx for your help.

1 Like