how to modify Opt-In confirmation page

Hi Folks,

as Iā€™m pretty new to SuiteCRM maybe my question is really easy to solveā€¦

We are playing around with the basic customer registration and managed to get the Opt-In feature enabled pretty straight forward. But when the user confirms to opt-in just a poor line of confirmation text is dsiplayed.

Could someone please advise where to edit this page to make it a bit more shiny?

This has been asked before, try searching the forums.

If you canā€™t find it, please provide the exact sentence in that message you get now, so I can more easily search for it. thanks

Thanx for the quick replyā€¦ I found the two threads before posting. But as you just referred to the response string and how to change it I asked again.

When clicking on the confirmation link in the opt-in mail the system just respons with a string.

My question is not how to change that string (I guess this can easily been achieved) but I want to display a nice and shiny thank you pageā€¦

I well understand that the system needs to serve this page as otherwise the opt- in would not be recognized. But maybe thereā€™s a chance to forward the user to a nice page after the system saved the clickā€¦

Ok, cool, letā€™s try a nice page, but still I would appreciate it if you could point me to the string or the previous threads. I donā€™t remember it. I donā€™t want to come across as ā€œtoo lazy to searchā€ but I do try to optimize my replies here so I can help a larger number of people. Thanks

The string is this:

ā€˜LBL_EMAIL_ADDRESS_OPT_INā€™ => 'You have confirmed that your email address has been opted in: ',

Appears after Opt-in confirmation by email

3 years laterā€¦ :smiley:

That string is actually not used anywhereā€¦ instead, there is a hard-coded equivalent in the tpl file (which is where you can change the page that appears to the user):

ā†’ https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/blob/master/include/EntryPointConfirmOptIn.tpl

You might also want to add more ASSIGNs to make more variables available to the Smarty template, you can change the code that sets up the template here:

ā†’ https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/blob/master/include/EntryPointConfirmOptInHandler.php#L154